• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

O level computer studies Help needed!!PLease

Reaction score
I will be giving O'level computer studies this November. Although I found the subject relatively east but I am extremely worried about how to answer the questions. please give me guidance o how to answer the questions as I cannot figure that out.
Hoping to receive a reply soon!
thanks.

Reaction score
Assalam u alaikum ahmd
i am going to tell you the technique to answer the questions. Your answers must be brief and clear. + according to the questions. They should contain only that stuff needed by the questioner. Read Marking schemes and you will very soon get to know about the way to write the question. Always the paper is very easy and a little common sense can lead you to A* believe me....... I hope this helps....

Reaction score
Assalam u alaikum ahmd
i am going to tell you the technique to answer the questions. Your answers must be brief and clear. + according to the questions. They should contain only that stuff needed by the questioner. Read Marking schemes and you will very soon get to know about the way to write the question. Always the paper is very easy and a little common sense can lead you to A* believe me....... I hope this helps....

Thank you for the information. but can you guide me a little more. Can we write the marking scheme answers or do we elaborate them a little more or anything?please reply soon. if you could give me a little more assistance i will be very grateful to you .
thanks

Reaction score
in marking scheme the they just give the points so just elaborate a little and the examiner will love it....:love:

Reaction score
Very Simple! ..
I was not a "Boss" in Computer Studies last year but this year its just like a game for me!
-I started by recovering every chapter while missing any notes
-Past exams papers (i've done like 10) and corrected (i was checking answers in my copybook simultaneously)
-Recovered from mistakes
-I got confidence in myself but am not over confindent which can lead to a disaster
-I am waiting for an A* in Computer Studies and my other subjects
i've worked hard to achieved it...
And you should follow! /
Hope it helps!

Reaction score
Very Simple! ..
I was not a "Boss" in Computer Studies last year but this year its just like a game for me!
-I started by recovering every chapter while missing any notes
-Past exams papers (i've done like 10) and corrected (i was checking answers in my copybook simultaneously)
-Recovered from mistakes
-I got confidence in myself but am not over confindent which can lead to a disaster
-I am waiting for an A* in Computer Studies and my other subjects
i've worked hard to achieved it...
And you should follow! /
Hope it helps!

could you help me in psuedocode please .
i dont understand what values to inialize with. although i know that lowest = 1000, highest=0 (dont know the logic) but in s10/p11 i dont get why lowest = 100 and highest= -100
please help.
thanks

Reaction score
could you help me in psuedocode please .
i dont understand what values to inialize with. although i know that lowest = 1000, highest=0 (dont know the logic) but in s10/p11 i dont get why lowest = 100 and highest= -100
please help.
thanks
So, this is very very simple!
At first i never had the ability to understand, i asked my teacher to explain it to me like 5 times!!!!

= Initialisation
Why the highest is always a low number?
So, just imagine, when you have to find the highest speed in 500 vehicles, just tell me yourself, if you have to find the highest what number the highest speed will be able to surpass??

If you have put highest=0.
if among 5 vehicles the speeds are:
-vehicle 1 : 50
-vehicle 2 : 60
-vehicle 3 : 90
-vehicle 4 : 30
-vehicle 5 : 70

If these 5 vehicles speeds are in a loop. What will be the highest speed?
Ans: 90

The previous speed will be overwritten, so if highest is not the lowest, it will never overwrite it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not a teacher if you don't understand JUST GOOGLE IT! or ask YOUR TEACHER!!!
Don't be afraid of it!
He is paid to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Akr!...

Reaction score
So, this is very very simple!
At first i never had the ability to understand, i asked my teacher to explain it to me like 5 times!!!!

= Initialisation
Why the highest is always a low number?
So, just imagine, when you have to find the highest speed in 500 vehicles, just tell me yourself, if you have to find the highest what number the highest speed will be able to surpass??

If you have put highest=0.
if among 5 vehicles the speeds are:
-vehicle 1 : 50
-vehicle 2 : 60
-vehicle 3 : 90
-vehicle 4 : 30
-vehicle 5 : 70

If these 5 vehicles speeds are in a loop. What will be the highest speed?
Ans: 90

The previous speed will be overwritten, so if highest is not the lowest, it will never overwrite it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not a teacher if you don't understand JUST GOOGLE IT! or ask YOUR TEACHER!!!
Don't be afraid of it!
He is paid to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Akr!...
hey akr. thanks a million man.
i loved the explanation. FYI, i am studying on my own. could you give me more tips for last days of the exam which might be helpful to me during exams. what to revise and all.
thanks loads. :)

Reaction score
I will be giving O'level computer studies this November. Although I found the subject relatively east but I am extremely worried about how to answer the questions. please give me guidance o how to answer the questions as I cannot figure that out.
thanks.
do contact me 03314000216
faysal rafique
ICT campus coordinator
The city school

Reaction score
faysii have u have any idea wat will be the most important topics
Reply me soon.....

Reaction score
Go throught the latest 2010 and onwards past papers and marking scheme throughly check out the syllabus sub-topics everything should be covered. They are focusing more on latest technlogoy like they gave last year about 3-D printers. difficulty level of Logic gates is increasing every year. If u need further assistance contact me at [email protected]

Reaction score
hey akr. thanks a million man.
i loved the explanation. FYI, i am studying on my own. could you give me more tips for last days of the exam which might be helpful to me during exams. what to revise and all.
thanks loads. :)
Am glad for you lad!
You are becoming more and more capable!
Do the same in all your subjects!
In two months time, you will be nearly 1st in class =D.
Guaranteed..
(Works for me)

Reaction score
thanks.
Computer project sample (olevel)
www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/computer-studies.6945

Computer Olevel Notes
http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/computer-studies-definitions.12150/
Hope this helps :)

Reaction score
salaam everyone.. can anyone give me his/her computer project.. I'm really in need of it.. May Allah bless him/her..
thankyou.. I'm really in problem with project.. :(

Reaction score
salaam everyone.. can anyone give me his/her computer project.. I'm really in need of it.. May Allah bless him/her..
thankyou.. I'm really in problem with project.. :(
What software are you using to create your project in?