• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

O level Computer Studies (7010) -Problems

Reaction score
Sir another thing i want to ask is, that the question number 1 which is comprised on definitions , hasn't been the part of theory paper since 2010 without cie intimation. Is it suspended or the pattern/syllabus has been changed?

Reaction score
t
Is this the one which is given to registered teachers before the commencement of Cie exams ? This is not the scenario for sure ! i am asking for scenario for web based cruise booking system with how the current system operates and the features of proposed system!
this is made by Sir Navid himself i guess as he said that he will come back with notes to study so these must be his notes.

Reaction score
White box-Done by software developers.Programming and implementation knowledge is required.(Internal structure known to the tester):D
Black box-Done by user.Programming and implementation knowledge is not required.(Internal structure not known to the tester):D
but when the examiner asks about test stategies i write that
1)test normal values
2)test extreme values
3)test abnormal values
4)test strategy done by Alpha, Beta , Black box , White box
m i right??? or left?:D

Reaction score
Aoa Sir Naveed,
I am a relatively new O levels Computer Studies Teacher. I have created a sample Paper 3 based on the new topic (formulated largely from past papers with a change in content only). I am uploading it for your perusal. I would be grateful if you could comment on it. Your comments are really helpful and serve as a guide to all us new teachers. Thank you for sharing the information as ilm share karney say hamesha barhta hay, kam nahi hota!

Attachments

• Paper 3.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 72
Reaction score
Aoa Sir Naveed,
I am a relatively new O levels Computer Studies Teacher. I have created a sample Paper 3 based on the new topic (formulated largely from past papers with a change in content only). I am uploading it for your perusal. I would be grateful if you could comment on it. Your comments are really helpful and serve as a guide to all us new teachers. Thank you for sharing the information as ilm share karney say hamesha barhta hay, kam nahi hota!

this is really great for practise !!!! thanks for ur effort :)

Reaction score
Aoa Sir Naveed,

it's gud to see ur practice paper. i hope u get success in ur career (y)

Reaction score
thanks man.. can i also ask you tahat what type of test strategies are black box and white box???

there are four strategies
  • alpha
  • beta
  • white box
  • black box
White box testing : is also known as clear box, transparent box testing, in it inputs are selected and function or code is tested to see that it produced required or desired output or not. in it unit testing, integration testing and regression testing is done

Black Box testing : is a testing in which we will see how the function will behave or examining the functionality of the program.

hope it answer the question :D

Reaction score
Aoa Sir Naveed,
Mam Zunaira,

i saw the material its nice effort by u, keep it up. for practice purposes its a good option to use. i do agree and believe that sharing wont bring any lose.

few things i wanna mention.
if we saw the topic its WEB BASED which mean it is already computerized. its my own opinion that may be student will see only computerized based detail in paper rather then manual one. secondly even it is computerized still company can hire it to change it into web based system

yes examiner will used System Analysis and Design Elements in paper like

• project management / time management tools
  • Investigation
  • data structures /data dictionary
  • input screen designing
  • output screen ( invoice , bill)
  • flow charts
  • validation rule
  • testing
  • implementation
  • documentation ( user , technical)
  • evaluation
any how very good effort with in few days i will upload my sample as well

Nice talking to you :D

Reaction score
Sir another thing i want to ask is, that the question number 1 which is comprised on definitions , hasn't been the part of theory paper since 2010 without cie intimation. Is it suspended or the pattern/syllabus has been changed?

Pasha,

actually if you heard this from your teacher that definition question is omitted from this year on ward then its wrong....., Cie just change the pattern that means they can ask defination any where in side the paper like say examiner selected simulation as a major question then first question can be

What is meant by the simulation ?
................................................................................................................
...............................................................................................................
............................................................................................................[1]
How simulation can help controlling smooth traffic flow on a cross road ?
................................................................................................................
...............................................................................................................
............................................................................................................[4]

now see definition will be asked according to the topics if necessary

hope it answer the question:D

Reaction score
there are four strategies
  • alpha
  • beta
  • white box
  • black box
White box testing : is also known as clear box, transparent box testing, in it inputs are selected and function or code is tested to see that it produced required or desired output or not. in it unit testing, integration testing and regression testing is done

Black Box testing : is a testing in which we will see how the function will behave or examining the functionality of the program.

hope it answer the question :D
thnks again sir .... much appreciated!:ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Mam Zunaira,

i saw the material its nice effort by u, keep it up. for practice purposes its a good option to use. i do agree and believe that sharing wont bring any lose.

few things i wanna mention.
if we saw the topic its WEB BASED which mean it is already computerized. its my own opinion that may be student will see only computerized based detail in paper rather then manual one. secondly even it is computerized still company can hire it to change it into web based system

yes examiner will used System Analysis and Design Elements in paper like

• project management / time management tools
  • Investigation
  • data structures /data dictionary
  • input screen designing
  • output screen ( invoice , bill)
  • flow charts
  • validation rule
  • testing
  • implementation
  • documentation ( user , technical)
  • evaluation
any how very good effort with in few days i will upload my sample as well

Nice talking to you :D
Thank you sir. Much obliged. Yes you are right, it might be an already computerized scenario that needs to web based or like the scenario in the Oct/Nov 2012 paper it might be a manual one which needs to be converted to a web-based computerized solution! :)

Reaction score
Pasha,

actually if you heard this from your teacher that definition question is omitted from this year on ward then its wrong....., Cie just change the pattern that means they can ask defination any where in side the paper like say examiner selected simulation as a major question then first question can be

What is meant by the simulation ?
............................................................................................................[1]
How simulation can help controlling smooth traffic flow on a cross road ?
............................................................................................................[4]

now see definition will be asked according to the topics if necessary

hope it answer the question:D
thnks for the reply !