• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

NUST VS LUMS for CS

Reaction score
I wanted to know which one would be a better choice for Computer Science
LUMS or NUST H12?

On overall basis of scholarship, aid, faculty, facilities, campus life.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
NUST has a good CS faculty, although not as good as its electrical and mechanical faculties. If you get into NUST (any faculty), you won't need any scholarship; the fees are quite low. And just so you know, the top 15% students (merit-wise) are given full scholarship in the first semester.

I don't know much about LUMS' Computer Science department, but considering LUMS' overall reputation, it should be fairly good.

You should also consider FAST-CS, if you are really thinking about majoring in Computer Science.

All the best!

Reaction score
NUST has a good CS faculty, although not as good as its electrical and mechanical faculties. If you get into NUST (any faculty), you won't need any scholarship; the fees are quite low. And just so you know, the top 15% students (merit-wise) are given full scholarship in the first semester.

I don't know much about LUMS' Computer Science department, but considering LUMS' overall reputation, it should be fairly good.

You should also consider FAST-CS, if you are really thinking about majoring in Computer Science.

All the best!
Thank you Nibz for replying.

Yes I knew about the merit based fee waiver. Although the fees is quite low but still I might need aid too. Just saying.

Yes that's what other people said but the problem 21 batches have graduated in CS from NUST while LUMS' current batch would be 3rd or fourth I guess.

It's my last resort because many people told me that it's standard has fallen and it's giving way too much admissions. Even a few faculty members moved to LUMS.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Don't mention it.

Ace its entry test. You will get that waiver. Best solution.

Those faculty members might have moved to LUMS because of higher pay or something. You never know.

Reaction score
Don't mention it.

Ace its entry test. You will get that waiver. Best solution.

Those faculty members might have moved to LUMS because of higher pay or something. You never know.
Yeah I know but that would only be for the 1st semester. I'm talking about aid throughout my undergrad :)
btw do we have to pay back this financial aid's amount to the uni later on?

Maybe but LUMS and NUST are my top priorities currently.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I know but that would only be for the 1st semester. I'm talking about aid throughout my undergrad :)
btw do we have to pay back this financial aid's amount to the uni later on?

Maybe but LUMS and NUST are my top priorities currently.

It's a scholarship, not financial aid. And if you maintain a gpa of >3.65, your scholarship (all of it or 75%) is extended to the next semester, and so on.

Reaction score
It's a scholarship, not financial aid. And if you maintain a gpa of >3.65, your scholarship (all of it or 75%) is extended to the next semester, and so on.
Yes I know that but I'm asking about financial aid only. Not a tuition waiver or 21k Rs less on tuition fee upon getting gpa of >3.65. If I get FA then it will just be on tuition or on the hostel charges too?

Reaction score
and btw I have 8As, 2Bs (3A*) in OL
3A* 1A in A1 internal exams
great transcript
and would be giving satII maths and physics in January
do you think I've got a good chance at both NUST and LUMS? :)

Reaction score
you dont get the scholarships or financial aids easily.you need to work very hard for it apart from academics do something extraordinary if you need the scolarships badly.you may be needy and you might have very good transcripts but the students applying on scholarships have as good transcripts as yours mostly so you must be one step ahead.

Reaction score
Thank you Nibz for replying.

Yes I knew about the merit based fee waiver. Although the fees is quite low but still I might need aid too. Just saying.

Yes that's what other people said but the problem 21 batches have graduated in CS from NUST while LUMS' current batch would be 3rd or fourth I guess.

It's my last resort because many people told me that it's standard has fallen and it's giving way too much admissions. Even a few faculty members moved to LUMS.

21 batches from nust? just to clear this out nust h-12 this year 3 batch of cs started!