• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

NUST Results Discussion

Reaction score
I don't understand why are u guys confused b/w seecs and smme? Don't u have any interest of ur own? These two are totally different schools to compare.
Trust me, u have to go with ur interest. Other small things like location and kiski library achi hai comes after that.
like maths, physics? Don't mind to get ur hands dirty with machines etc? don't mind some physical work? SMME is ur place.
and i don't think i have to explain seecs.
P.S: I'll take that "Software people are who make seecs good" compliment :)

Because both disciplines look good. As in courses interesting lag rhay hain. I dont mind field work either. You see at this level, you can never be sure what you're really getting into. :/

Reaction score
Because both disciplines look good. As in courses interesting lag rhay hain. I dont mind field work either. You see at this level, you can never be sure what you're really getting into. :/
Yes that's the problem :/. Can anyone tell me which is better?Software or mechanical engineering?I like mechanical more, but I think the job opportunities/environment is better for software.And I'm lazy and dont much like fieldwork.So can anyone please advise me on this asap?

Reaction score
Yes that's the problem :/. Can anyone tell me which is better?Software or mechanical engineering?I like mechanical more, but I think the job opportunities/environment is better for software.And I'm lazy and dont much like fieldwork.So can anyone please advise me on this asap?
No doubt environment and job opportunities are much much better in Software. I'll still say make sure what interests u more!
Can u spend considerable amount of hours in front of a PC? Are u good in logical/mathematical problem solving? Are u creative enough? Above all, are u willing to sacrifice ur nights and spend them writing hundreds of lines of code?
If some or all answers to above questions is yes, then sure do come to software. It's a very good field which will lead u to many good opportunities! :)

Reaction score
No doubt environment and job opportunities are much much better in Software. I'll still say make sure what interests u more!
Can u spend considerable amount of hours in front of a PC? Are u good in logical/mathematical problem solving? Are u creative enough? Above all, are u willing to sacrifice ur nights and spend them writing hundreds of lines of code?
If some or all answers to above questions is yes, then sure do come to software. It's a very good field which will lead u to many good opportunities! :)
Ok thanks:) .Well, software sounds good so far.I take it you're doing software from nust?

Reaction score
Jazib How's Computer Science?
Computer Science is good too. SEECS has a very decent Faculty in the both Computing and Electrical Departments.
They've recently started it. Now we'll have to wait and see how does it compete with FAST CS when their first batch is out.

Reaction score
You got that right.
Can you plz tell me what is the difference between cs and software engineering.i have asked a lot of ppl and everone says that its the same...if its same then why are they considered to be different disciplines?and also tell me whose cs is better fast or nust?

Reaction score
Can you plz tell me what is the difference between cs and software engineering.i have asked a lot of ppl and everone says that its the same...if its same then why are they considered to be different disciplines?and also tell me whose cs is better fast or nust?
LOL! I was wishing this question doesn't come, been involved in a lot of debate on this one lately. :p
Anyways, They're not same, but yes, similar u can say. CS basically involves core development, Most of the time CS graduates will find themselves indulged in some heavy coding.​
Software engineering is one level above, which includes Software Design, Quality Testing, Project Management etc.
To make it simple: Software engineers will get to tell CS developers what to do, in other words CS graduates will be working under u... That is conventional picture for these two fields, sometimes it so happens that u'll find CS graduates at higher posts than SE's. That's because they may be extraordinary talented!
About fast vs nust, i can't say anything with full confidence here cuz Nust started it recently! We can only quantify credibility of a uni when it's batch goes out in the industry. Fast(lhr) is "tested and proved" to be very very good (in CS). don't know yet how will nust graduates compare with fast when they're out.​

Reaction score
H
LOL! I was wishing this question doesn't come, been involved in a lot of debate on this one lately. :p
Anyways, They're not same, but yes, similar u can say. CS basically involves core development, Most of the time CS graduates will find themselves indulged in some heavy coding.​
Software engineering is one level above, which includes Software Design, Quality Testing, Project Management etc.
To make it simple: Software engineers will get to tell CS developers what to do, in other words CS graduates will be working under u... That is conventional picture for these two fields, sometimes it so happens that u'll find CS graduates at higher posts than SE's. That's because they may be extraordinary talented!
About fast vs nust, i can't say anything with full confidence here cuz Nust started it recently! We can only quantify credibility of a uni when it's batch goes out in the industry. Fast(lhr) is "tested and proved" to be very very good (in CS). don't know yet how will nust graduates compare with fast when they're out.​
What about fast isb?