• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

NUST Results Discussion

Reaction score
Does any one know how much can they give financial assistance ? i mean would they waive off half fee or what?
There is a Nust Need Bases Scholarship, u can apply for it, if eligible u'll have no problems... If ur unable to get that, then there is Deferment - Interest free loan which u'll return them after graduating. This loan varies from 50%-100% depending on ur need!

Reaction score
So you are saying disciplines like geoinformatics or environmental are not good enoughwhat about materials?
I'm not saying those disciplines are not good, in comparison b/w FAST CS and these disciplines, CS is better.
Materials is a good one, its courses are a little similar to mechanical's... now it depends on ur interests?

Reaction score
well tell ,e guyxxx EME or SMMEE?
Study wise, I think EME is better. But this does not mean that SMME is not good.
If ur looking for a "good university life" then come to SMME, cuz there's a lot of strictness in eme due to which some students find difficult to adjust.

Reaction score
well tell ,e guyxxx EME or SMMEE?

Smme. By the time we graduate smme is gonna be wayyy above EME just like seecs is above eme now. Plus their labs are better. You'll get a better student life there. And smme has the best faculty in H12. Coming personally from even people from seecs. And coming from a senior at EME 'had we known what we were getting into from day 1, we'd have gone to smme too'. Plus we just might be class fellows :p

Reaction score
by Ehtisham Tanvir

In the year 2011 National University of Sciences and Technology(NUST) won its place in the top 100 universities in Asia with a rank number 58 in the field of IT and Engineering throughout Asia. This along with its highly qualified faculty, bright students, spacious and highly equipped labs has made it a dream place for every student seeking a future in the field of Engineering and Information Technology. NUST, with the collaboration of Pakistan Armed Forces now has a total of six constituent colleges in Rawalpindi, Risalpur and Karachi along with huge Head Quarters in Islamabad.

The recent high publicity of the NUST Head Quarters with its beautiful infrastructure and spacious campus, has put its constituent colleges and their features totally in the dark for the new applicants. Being the HQ, the applicants have everything to do with the H-12 campus that makes them unaware of the charms that its constituent colleges hold. Owing to the physical beauty of H-12 campus, even on the NUST official website all pictures displayed belong to NUST H-12 sector. All these factors combined makes the constituent military colleges somewhat secondary in importance to the applicants. In a nutshell the applicants have truly fallen for the beauty of the H-12 campus. Owing to need of displaying these colleges' true importance and the role they play in making NUST a reputable institute of this country, the new applicants are really needed to be guided with the ground realities.

I being a student of College of E&ME find this a matter of great concern and in the upcoming paragraphs shall try to throw some light on the factors that really make College of E&ME a very good option for the new applicants:

I shall in the first place remove certain doubts which have arisen in the minds of the applicants regarding College of E&ME:

Strictness: Reading the posts of the candidates on a Facebook page I have found that students have a fear that EME College has a very strict discipline. This, to the very best of my knowledge, is true. But I am sure of one thing that the discipline of EME College is one thing that makes it a different institution. The strict rules regarding uniform during college hours, dress code during mess timings, covering of head for the female students, prohibition of gender mixing other than the classes, calling seniors 'Sir' are on the whole a very fine piece of professional and personal grooming of the young students who seek a future of a professional engineer. Table manners, respect of your seniors, following a proper dress code are some of the things that are taught hands in hands with technical studies in the College of E&ME. So one should not be fearful of these restrictions but should accept them as something of one's own benefit.

Hostels and College's General Infrastructure: Addressing to the problem of the fear of not-so-good hostels and infrastructure, here are some sound arguments. Being an old college, the infrastructure of College of E&ME is not as attractive as that of NUST H-12 campus but it fulfils all the requirements of both the teachers and the students. Although the workshops and labs are old but have all the machinery that is required to carry out the experiments and technical work needed throughout the four-year engineering course. As an evidence consider the fact that till the year 2012, NUST H-12 students had to come to College of E&ME to carry out their Workshop Practice sessions. Hostels being old are not in a very good condition and need renovation but fulfil the general requirements of living.

On-Campus Co-curricular and Extra Curricular Activities: I have been hearing from some applicants that H-12 has better co-curricular and extra-curricular activity chances as compared to College of E&ME. Well, College of E&ME has a one-of-its-kind, gigantic, multi-purpose hall that has decently equipped gymnasiums separately for both male and female students and is also equipped with the necessary arrangements for carrying out basketball, badminton, table tennis and volleyball matches. Besides the college has vast fields for playing football and cricket. It also has tennis, squash, and outdoor basketball and badminton courts. All these playing fields provide excellent health maintaining opportunities for students and teachers alike. Besides the sports the college has fully functional societies like NUST Volunteers Club(NVC EME Chapter), Society for promotion of Arts & Literature(SPAL), Society of Adventure and Sports (SAS), American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME EME Student Chapter) and Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers(IEEE EME Student Chapter) which are totally organized and run by student committees. The events arranged under these societies provide the students a good number of opportunities to polish their skills and gain experience to work for various organizations in the practical life. Along with this, events like EME Olympiad, NUST Thematic Festival(NTF), Computer Project Exhibition & Competition(COMPEC), National Engineering Robotics Competition(NERC) and on-campus workshops do not only educate the students but train them to work as teams and increase their self confidence.

Now I shall throw some light on some factors that really make EME College a place worth studying in:

EME Alumni: EME college has, this year, passed out its 30th batch. This fact signifies a large alumni of Emenents in the job market. It is a well known fact that though skills are necessary to get job but if skills are combined with an alumni member of your institute interviewing you for the job, then this minimizes your minor shortcomings and makes you a strong candidate for the job. EME College's graduates are now dispersed in every industry and famous engineering and product manufacturing firm throughout Pakistan and even abroad and this really gives the new graduates a strong back.

Degree Unity, Interdepartmental relations and Emenent Brotherhood: From the first day in EME College, the students are thought the lesson of degree unity. I remember my initial days when JNSs and SNSs(Student appointments in EME College) and other seniors would sacrifice their own studies and sleep to wake us up early in the morning, teach us table manners, tell us the importance to stay united and helping fellow hostilities, make us feel good if we felt home-sick, buying us food and drinks just to make a relation with us and telling us that even if we were away from home we still had seniors and degree mates to care for us and make us feel like home. Besides, if we have any problem, might it be academic, financial or any other we always have the liberty to walk to any of the seniors' room and ask for help. I particularly remember the second day in EME College when I needed a Telenor card to call my mother and the JNSs would not allow me to go to the utility area because of the fear of being ragged, so at the dinner a JNS(I would not mention his name) left a card at my table and didn't even get the cost from me. Such examples I think can only be found in a college like EME College. Along with this, due a relatively lesser strength of students in the college, students know each other and an invisible force binds all the Emenents.

Departments and their Specialities: EME College has a total of four departments at the BS level: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering and Computer Engineering. EME College has the Mechatronics department which is considered the best Mechatronics department in Pakistan. The National Engineering Robotics Competition is the one-of-its-kind event held annually in EME College by Mechatronics department and attracts hundreds of engineering students from all over Pakistan. Plus these Mechatronics engineers are highly skilled in control systems, programmed robots and automated industry. Mechanical Engineering department is also considered one the best Mechanical Engineering department in Pakistan. Students of this department come up with highly innovative design projects each year which are helping the industry. Plus the participation of students of this department in competitions like the Shell Eco Marathon in Malaysia and winning technical innovation awards and mileage awards marks their grip over technical knowledge. The department of Electrical and Computer engineering provide the job market with such technically and professionally trained engineers that even in these fields which are suffering from saturation problems, they give a tough competition to engineers from other institutes.

Keeping all these factors in view, one can simply feel free to opt for College of E&ME and hope to have a bright future. It is truly said:

"All that glitters, is not gold"

Reaction score

Yeah i read this article on Facebook too. Lol It's like they are begging people to come to EME. Because this time most people are going to H12. And EME's merit might fall a little. And H12's merit might rise a little. But yeah, EME is good too obviously :)

Reaction score
wt will be the closing merit for BS mathematics?
Merit is highly variable, nothing can be said about it.
Last time it was around 1000 i think and total seats were 35. U can guess from this, where u stand!

Reaction score
People,
SMME or SEECS ?

I'm trying to decide that myself. I'll just let you know the stuff i found out from people at NUST. Seecs has better library. Location achi ha. Cafe's pas hain. Smme is at the other corner of nust so yeah, their student life is a little less. Seecs k events zyada hotay hain. But i heard k seecs bahir say he charming lgta ha, ander say nae ha. As in discipline strict ha. And people there are a lil' mean. Software people are who make seecs good. Smme has the best faculty at H12. Dean acha ha wahan ka. Attendance kum honay pay relegate nae krtay. And smme k log societies may zyada active hotay hain.

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide that myself. I'll just let you know the stuff i found out from people at NUST. Seecs has better library. Location achi ha. Cafe's pas hain. Smme is at the other corner of nust so yeah, their student life is a little less. Seecs k events zyada hotay hain. But i heard k seecs bahir say he charming lgta ha, ander say nae ha. As in discipline strict ha. And people there are a lil' mean. Software people are who make seecs good. Smme has the best faculty at H12. Dean acha ha wahan ka. Attendance kum honay pay relegate nae krtay. And smme k log societies may zyada active hotay hain.
I don't understand why are u guys confused b/w seecs and smme? Don't u have any interest of ur own? These two are totally different schools to compare.
Trust me, u have to go with ur interest. Other small things like location and kiski library achi hai comes after that.
like maths, physics? Don't mind to get ur hands dirty with machines etc? don't mind some physical work? SMME is ur place.
and i don't think i have to explain seecs.
P.S: I'll take that "Software people are who make seecs good" compliment :)