• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Nov 2014 math 22

Reaction score
Maths p22 was quite easy but there was this question where we had to find the co-ordinate of a point outside a circle which very few in my school got. The answer was -1

Reaction score
Ya, what u do is that first find the gradient of the tangent ( which is the negative reciprocal of the gradient of the radius). Then use this value and the points (3,-4) and (7,k) in the gradient formula. After solving the equation, the answer comes to -1

Reaction score
Some guy - I don't remember the name - is playing a board game. He's on 97 and has to reach 100 to win the game.
The rules are as follows:
1. One throw is the sum of the scores of two fair 6 face dice rolled together.
2. If he gets a score of more than 3, he remains on 97.
3. If he lands on 99, he moves back 3 places.
What is the probability of him reaching 100 in his next two throws?
What was the ans?..? Was any one able to solve?!

Reaction score
Some guy - I don't remember the name - is playing a board game. He's on 97 and has to reach 100 to win the game.
The rules are as follows:
1. One throw is the sum of the scores of two fair 6 face dice rolled together.
2. If he gets a score of more than 3, he remains on 97.
3. If he lands on 99, he moves back 3 places.
What is the probability of him reaching 100 in his next two throws?
What was the ans?..? Was any one able to solve?!

the answer was 47/432
(probability he gets 3 on first go) + (probability he gets 2 on first throw * 4 on second) + (probability he gets anything above 3 on first throw * 3 on second)

Reaction score
the answer was 47/432
(probability he gets 3 on first go) + (probability he gets 2 on first throw * 4 on second) + (probability he gets anything above 3 on first throw * 3 on second)
I also did it in the same way and my answer I guess is also the same :)