• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

No one here does economics?

Reaction score
too long :p

hehe.... but aren't these too less?? by that i mean that there are only 2 topics covered....

Reaction score
umair What is your difficulty with past papers? Is it exam technique, time handling, paraphrasing, knowledge of the subject or just not knowing what to write for the question? I can help if you need it! :)

Reaction score
umair What is your difficulty with past papers? Is it exam technique, time handling, paraphrasing, knowledge of the subject or just not knowing what to write for the question? I can help if you need it! :)

thanks! i could really need it :)

i think exam technique and paraphrasing!

Reaction score
Can anyone define economic growth for me? the question is worth 4 marks :/
Generally, Economic growth is an increase in the value of real output in an economy. In order to identify this growth, it is necessary to consider the affects of inflation because any increase in price of goods and services will increase the national income as well and so if inflation is not considered then the growth will be in money output and not real output. Increasing output and low unemployment are key features of an Economic growth.
For example, if the real output in the base year is 1000 units worth $10 each, the total national income will be $10,000. If, due to inflation, the price increases to $15 while the output remains same(1000 units), this will make the national income to grow by $5000 without an increase in output. So this is an increase in money output and not real output.

Reaction score
thanks! i could really need it :)

i think exam technique and paraphrasing!

Well.. For exam technique, you must create a small plan, just a couple of points of what you want to talk about... Just so you don't get off topic! Also underline keywords and use them to have a clear image of what your answer is going to be like! Don't get relaxed in Economics, because if you do and lose track of time, you may not finish! For paraphrasing, which is an essential skill, I can't think of a better way than practicing! Some people are talented and gifted with the ability to paraphrase and translate thoughts and ideas into perfect concise answers! Others like us have to earn it by practicing how to do so! :)

Hope I have helped! ;)

Reaction score
Generally, Economic growth is an increase in the value of real output in an economy. In order to identify this growth, it is necessary to consider the affects of inflation because any increase in price of goods and services will increase the national income as well and so if inflation is not considered then the growth will be in money output and not real output. Increasing output and low unemployment are key features of an Economic growth.
For example, if the real output in the base year is 1000 units worth $10 each, the total national income will be $10,000. If, due to inflation, the price increases to $15 while the output remains same(1000 units), this will make the national income to grow by $5000 without an increase in output. So this is an increase in money output and not real output.
woah!! thanx man ! :D

Reaction score
Well.. For exam technique, you must create a small plan, just a couple of points of what you want to talk about... Just so you don't get off topic! Also underline keywords and use them to have a clear image of what your answer is going to be like! Don't get relaxed in Economics, because if you do and lose track of time, you may not finish! For paraphrasing, which is an essential skill, I can't think of a better way than practicing! Some people are talented and gifted with the ability to paraphrase and translate thoughts and ideas into perfect concise answers! Others like us have to earn it by practicing how to do so! :)

Hope I have helped! ;)

u have helped big time!! thanks :)

Reaction score
Can anyone define economic growth for me? the question is worth 4 marks :/
This is the definition given by my teacher: economic growth is the increase in output in the short run and increase in productive potential in the long run. How marks are given: 1 mark for increase in output 1 mark for in short run 1 mark for increase in productive potential 1 mark for in the long run/ longer period of time.

Reaction score
Just a few tips:
1) remember to not just list your points. State a point and develop the point by quoting examples or elaborate.
2) Write as much as you can because marks are not deducted for a wrong point. For example that question is given 6 marks, 1 mark per point, 1 mark per elaborations, by right, 3 points are enough, probably write 2 more points to back it up in case of any mistakes made.
3) for definition of words, you have no choice but learn up the keywords of the definition by heart.
4) remember to state a conclusion for those questions that has the word 'discuss../whether...' In it.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Add in any!!

Reaction score
Just a few tips:
1) remember to not just list your points. State a point and develop the point by quoting examples or elaborate.
2) Write as much as you can because marks are not deducted for a wrong point. For example that question is given 6 marks, 1 mark per point, 1 mark per elaborations, by right, 3 points are enough, probably write 2 more points to back it up in case of any mistakes made.
3) for definition of words, you have no choice but learn up the keywords of the definition by heart.
4) remember to state a conclusion for those questions that has the word 'discuss../whether...' In it.

Thank you!!! :') That was really helpful :')

Reaction score
Just a few tips:

in all discuss questions give both the points of views and in the conclusion state what you believe
if you want to know more id suggest you to solve one past paper and correct it yourself with the mark scheme, it will give you an idea of how to answer

Reaction score
hey are there any main topics I can focus on for eco p 22 ,and wat time is ur paper 22 ??

Reaction score
revision guide is help less study frm the original book

cuz i have experienced it

for four benefit>
(y)
<<BEST OF LUCK ALL OF U FOR TOMORROW >>