• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

NO CURVE THIS YEAR???!!! DISASTER!!!

Reaction score
i read it today in the syllabus. this is a huuuuge disaster!! A* are to be from 90 upwards.

Reaction score
:OOO!!! who told u sooo??!!!! o_O no curve this year!! o_O we will be lost!!!

Reaction score
its written in the syllabus you guys you can see it yourselves!!!!!!! and the syllabus for 2012 includes oct/nov

Reaction score
I JUST SAW THE SYLLABUS FOR BIO AND THEY DIDN'T MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT NO CURVES!

Reaction score
They don't mention the curve thing in the syllabus :confused:
Besides if there is no curve .....No one will get more than a B or C !!!!
so there has to be and if u have the link where u read this POST IT PLZ !!!

Reaction score
OK I WILL POST IT, THO ITS JUST ANY SYLLABUS YOU CAN OBTAIN IN THIS SITE JEEEZ!
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/...age (oral endorsement) (0510)/0510_y12_sy.pdf

the passage says the following:

Percentage uniform marks are also provided on each candidate’s Statement of Results to supplement their

grade for a syllabus. They are determined in this way:

• A candidate who obtains…

… the minimum mark necessary for a Grade A* obtains a percentage uniform mark of 90%.

… the minimum mark necessary for a Grade A obtains a percentage uniform mark of 80%.

… the minimum mark necessary for a Grade B obtains a percentage uniform mark of 70%.

… the minimum mark necessary for a Grade C obtains a percentage uniform mark of 60%.

… the minimum mark necessary for a Grade D obtains a percentage uniform mark of 50%.
… the minimum mark necessary for a Grade E obtains a percentage uniform mark of 40%.

… the minimum mark necessary for a Grade F obtains a percentage uniform mark of 30%.

… the minimum mark necessary for a Grade G obtains a percentage uniform mark of 20%.

… no marks receives a percentage uniform mark of 0%.

Reaction score
The grade boundaries still exist! Stop spreading rumors & find some work to do..
im consulting people from this site. im not spreading rumors u moron i read it off the syllabus, if you know something say it if not then stfu and gtfo

Reaction score
i know and thats why im worried. 90% is too much
They don't mention the curve thing in the syllabus :confused:
Besides if there is no curve .....No one will get more than a B or C !!!!
so there has to be and if u have the link where u read this POST IT PLZ !!!

Reaction score
OK I WILL POST IT, THO ITS JUST ANY SYLLABUS YOU CAN OBTAIN IN THIS SITE JEEEZ!
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/English - Second Language (oral endorsement) (0510)/0510_y12_sy.pdf

the passage says the following:

Percentage uniform marks are also provided on each candidate’s Statement of Results to supplement their

grade for a syllabus. They are determined in this way:

• A candidate who obtains…

… the minimum mark necessary for a Grade A* obtains a percentage uniform mark of 90%.

… the minimum mark necessary for a Grade A obtains a percentage uniform mark of 80%.

… the minimum mark necessary for a Grade B obtains a percentage uniform mark of 70%.

… the minimum mark necessary for a Grade C obtains a percentage uniform mark of 60%.

… the minimum mark necessary for a Grade D obtains a percentage uniform mark of 50%.
… the minimum mark necessary for a Grade E obtains a percentage uniform mark of 40%.

… the minimum mark necessary for a Grade F obtains a percentage uniform mark of 30%.

… the minimum mark necessary for a Grade G obtains a percentage uniform mark of 20%.

… no marks receives a percentage uniform mark of 0%.
that doesn't mean there isn't a curve.. LOL!

Reaction score
im consulting people from this site. im not spreading rumors u moron i read it off the syllabus, if you know something say it if not then stfu and gtfo
Eyy sry if u were offended but u should probably read further.. it says:
Candidates whose mark is none of the above receive a percentage mark in between those stated according
to the position of their mark in relation to the grade ‘thresholds’ (i.e. the minimum mark for obtaining a
grade). For example, a candidate whose mark is halfway between the minimum for a Grade C and the
minimum for a Grade D (and whose grade is therefore D) receives a percentage uniform mark of 55%.