• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

No curve in 2012?!?

Reaction score
Well wat made u soo sure, do u have proof? Do u think i posted this just to waste time? Our examination officer in our skool told us that there is no curve this year thats y i posted this!
well , does he have proof that there is no curve this year ?

Reaction score
He means a threshold. And I highly doubt it, since Cambridge has to announce it if it ever changed its rules.
Ya me too, but i was surprised by hearing this so i came here just to make sure. But maybe if cambridge changed its rules, it will post it on its website so even if they announced it,the only way is to check their website

Reaction score
Hey dude, I've done IGCSEs last year, and this gossip that there will be no curve covered half of the posts on XtremePapers. Many students also stated their exam officer said it. That issue made me worry a lot that I used to spend most of my time researching into it, but then I forgot about it and focused on studying! I tell you, there WILL be a curve this year since the British Council all work on the curve, and whether there is a curve or not, focus on your studies more than everything, the curve WON'T increase your marks, studying will!

Reaction score
I believe the curve is made after the exams have been conducted. They see the overall performance of the students in a particular zone.

Reaction score
Yes, the curve depends on the students' overall performance but within a range.

Reaction score
The grade boundaries still exist.. stop spreading rumors & find some work to do.. u should probably study instead ;)