• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Next year. Help. Ideas. Suggestions.

Reaction score
I wouldn't say next year.. It already started somewhere, and I know I'm too late to think right now but I have my reasons.

[I posted this before and I haven't got replies]

- IGSCE 8 subjects done (As and A*s)
- At UAE
- Applied to dentistry in some University (accepted)
- medicine needs As level
- Confused whether go for that uni or As level
- Scared to take the wrong decision

Advice moi. And what are you all doing?

Reaction score
You got accepted into a university, for a course related to dentistry.
But then you're saying Medicine needs As Level, which you haven't given yet. >.>

Reaction score
Well, if you want to become a dentist, and you got admission into a dentistry program after IGCSE, why bother with A-Level?

But if you are not satisfied with this university, then you should check AS level out. :p

It may be simple but As-level means an extra year.. And medicine itself is 6 years here = 7 total year min
Dentistry 5 years and I could then specialize for 2 years= 7 years max

My problem is that= getting into Aslevel might be a wasted year because I know many people who failed it and then also I would loose my chance in dentistry and I really don't want that to happen.

Plus my mum wants me to enter medicine and my dad says I could do whatever it is (although obviously he'd love it if I enter one of those)
That Uni I got accepted in may make me end up unemployed if I don't specialize, besides that I have to stay in dorm it's far (I am not goin to the main campus which sucks more).

I kinda want dentistry More because of my dentist. My inspiration or whatever. You see, he's really rich and has his own clinic.

And my delimma is that : My parents want me to decide by my OWN.

That's why Im thinking of all the problems possible tryna choose the best.

What are you doing?

Reaction score
It may be simple but As-level means an extra year.. And medicine itself is 6 years here = 7 total year min
Dentistry 5 years and I could then specialize for 2 years= 7 years max

My problem is that= getting into Aslevel might be a wasted year because I know many people who failed it and then also I would loose my chance in dentistry and I really don't want that to happen.

Plus my mum wants me to enter medicine and my dad says I could do whatever it is (although obviously he'd love it if I enter one of those)
That Uni I got accepted in may make me end up unemployed if I don't specialize, besides that I have to stay in dorm it's far (I am not goin to the main campus which sucks more).

I kinda want dentistry More because of my dentist. My inspiration or whatever. You see, he's really rich and has his own clinic.

And my delimma is that : My parents want me to decide by my OWN.

That's why Im thinking of all the problems possible tryna choose the best.

What are you doing?

Well, if you got the admission for dentistry, then i don't see what the problem is. Specialize there, or something. :p

Me.. well, nothing much. A-Level starts in a few days.
After that, Engineering, probably. Or Business, or something else.