• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

News on physics practical 34

Reaction score
yeah right...

0.01 millimeters!
The top scale has a smallest reading of 1 millimeter, and the lower one (written on it) is usually 0.02 mm.
So uncertainty half the smallest division, 0.02 mm /2 = 0.01 mm

Reaction score
0.01 millimeters!
The top scale has a smallest reading of 1 millimeter, and the lower one (written on it) is usually 0.02 mm.
So uncertainty half the smallest division, 0.02 mm /2 = 0.01 mm
Are they not in cm !? You are confusing me now :s

Reaction score
Are they not in cm !? You are confusing me now :s

51a64bf534468.jpg

DO NOT confuse urself!
The top scale has smallest division (smallest line) equal to 1 millimeter.
The lower smaller scale has the smallest division (line) written on it which is usually 0.02 mm.
So the least count of this device is 0.02 mm and half of it is 0.01 mm.

Reaction score
how to calculate rate of flow???
You will mark two points for instance 50 cm3 and 30 cm3 ....u will note the time taken for water to flow frm 50 to 30.....then volume divide by time...in this example 50-30=20 divided by time frm stopwatch.

Reaction score
i texted my teacher..he hasnt replied yet..:S if you get to know from somewhere else do tell me as well please :)

This is bad! :(
I got to know Stopwatch has 0.1second
while for the syringe it depends on the calibration! If 1CC(cm^3) is covered in 10 divisions then Uncertainty is 0.1cm^3.
But I'm not sure about StopWatch My another teacher said it was 0.01 seconds plus our reaction error (which is approx. 0.3)