• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

News on physics practical 34

Reaction score
Theres no question on heat...my physics teacher is a supervisor at a centre...question is on tubes in wgich we will have to add water and measure volume (thats a guess). The tubes are similar to those at the back of a syringe. And theres a vernier calliper. Most probably theyll ask us to find the volune flow rate of water. And theres a 200ml beaker too.
100%?
what about electricity ?

Reaction score
from source
The coming exam will use these:
Uniform wooden strip 均匀的木条
String 线
Stand 铁架台
Round nail 圆钉
Newton-meter 0.1N (0-10N) 牛顿力计
Mass hanger 质量挂钩
Modelling clay 粘土(橡皮泥)
Meter rule 1mm 米尺
Pivot 支点或支架
Spacing 间隔或空挡
Clamp 夹子
Flexible plastic tube 柔性塑料管
Scissor 剪刀
50ml plastic syringe 塑料注射器(50ml)
Nozzle 喷嘴
Plunger 活塞
2ml graduation 刻度(2ml)
Bowl 碗
Tray 托盘
Blu-tack 胶水
Vernier caliper 游标卡尺(0.1mm)
Beaker 烧杯
Jug 壶
Paper towel 纸巾
Stopwatch 秒表(0.1s)

Reaction score
Theres no question on heat...my physics teacher is a supervisor at a centre...question is on tubes in wgich we will have to add water and measure volume (thats a guess). The tubes are similar to those at the back of a syringe. And theres a vernier calliper. Most probably theyll ask us to find the volune flow rate of water. And theres a 200ml beaker too.

is there any ques related to pressure in the past papers i really don't have any idea of doing ques 2 and for 32 Q1 is for sure electricity.

Reaction score
wh
1.take more readings nd plot a graph. ( the same as in evry paper)
2. the syringe may not be vertical. (limitation). Use of a set square to ensure it a vertically clamped. (improvment)
3. the flow of water from the tube (or syringe) is quite rapid. (limitation). Record the flow of water in the form of a video film.(improvment) (WRITE THIS ONLY IF VOLUME FLOW RATE IS ASKED OR ANYTHING SIMILAR)
4. parallax error while noting volume readings.(limitation). Take reading at eye level. (Improvement)
5. the height/ depth/ volume of tube is too small.(limitation). Use of a larger syringe/tube of greater height/ depth/ volume. ( improvement)

P.S. guys please do not rely on this 100%. This is just a guess made by my physics teacher ( who happens to be a supervisor as well).
change the wordings or write according to the question, in other words USE YOUR BRAIN..!! :D :p
Sir said the practical isnt tough at all and try staying calm at all times. :)

what can the brick be for in ur opinion ?

Reaction score
1.take more readings nd plot a graph. ( the same as in evry paper)
2. the syringe may not be vertical. (limitation). Use of a set square to ensure it a vertically clamped. (improvment)
3. the flow of water from the tube (or syringe) is quite rapid. (limitation). Record the flow of water in the form of a video film.(improvment) (WRITE THIS ONLY IF VOLUME FLOW RATE IS ASKED OR ANYTHING SIMILAR)
4. parallax error while noting volume readings.(limitation). Take reading at eye level. (Improvement)
5. the height/ depth/ volume of tube is too small.(limitation). Use of a larger syringe/tube of greater height/ depth/ volume. ( improvement)

P.S. guys please do not rely on this 100%. This is just a guess made by my physics teacher ( who happens to be a supervisor as well).
change the wordings or write according to the question, in other words USE YOUR BRAIN..!! :D :p
Sir said the practical isnt tough at all and try staying calm at all times. :)

great ....can u please ask Ur teachers for any related ppr or so for both Questions ;)