• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

New to Physics.Please Help!!!!

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am new to the CIE Physics course. I am a private candidate.This is my first time I am giving Physics. May anyone please give me a guide on how to prepare for the exam. I will be appearing in the Oct/Nov 2014 session this year.

PLEASE GUIDE ME!!

What I mean is like that:
  • Do I have to draw diagrams (not in the exams but just for understanding)
  • Do I have to learn/memorise the laws ( because I cannot seee any laws in my book)
  • Or do I only have to understand contents and all those stuff.
May anyone give me guide. Or any study guide etc.

Any help will be warmly appreciated.

THANKS
Usman Abdul Jabbar Shaikh

Reaction score
Ok I might be youger than you but i have appeared for checkpoint before and next year I will be appearing for IGCSE . Anyway I wish that my advices can help you. First of all you need to memories all the laws and formulaes and solve many questions oneach law or equation given to you .secondly alot of memorisation is going to help you alot during the exam since your not going to take time thinking or remembering what to write but if you cant memorise alot so you need to memorise the main concept .Use the new edition of physics book written by John Timblson that is going to help you alot since it gives many equations and formulaes to solve and also it explains in such an easy way to understand .Try to study from the fajr time because at this time the information is going to be easily memorised . You can use diagrams to make it easy for you to study . try to solve all the latest papers and check the answers . if you cant understand any lesson you can access youtube or brightstorm channel on youtube . I wish this can help you, and good luck.

Reaction score
Ok I might be youger than you but i have appeared for checkpoint before and next year I will be appearing for IGCSE . Anyway I wish that my advices can help you. First of all you need to memories all the laws and formulaes and solve many questions oneach law or equation given to you .secondly alot of memorisation is going to help you alot during the exam since your not going to take time thinking or remembering what to write but if you cant memorise alot so you need to memorise the main concept .Use the new edition of physics book written by John Timblson that is going to help you alot since it gives many equations and formulaes to solve and also it explains in such an easy way to understand .Try to study from the fajr time because at this time the information is going to be easily memorised . You can use diagrams to make it easy for you to study . try to solve all the latest papers and check the answers . if you cant understand any lesson you can access youtube or brightstorm channel on youtube . I wish this can help you, and good luck.
Yup it did help but I cant see any laws in my book except for forumlas and theory