• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

New to Edexcel A Levels. Can I take my A Level exams (1.5y)

Reaction score
I finished Cambridge IGCSE examinations in June and got 5 A*s and 3 As.The structure of papers there were simple
an if I compare those to A Levels, I end up getting lost. The rules don't seem clear, not to mention the subjects are way
harder now.

So I started off studying a little late and I want to finish the A Levels for 3 subjects in 1.5 years.

I'll be doing Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics. I know there are 6 papers for each subject but so far I have only managed to learn about
the Mathematics Papers (C1-4, S1 & M1) that focus on a certain part of the syllabus.

The academy where I'm doing the courses said that I can register for C1 and C2 for the session in this January, then C2 and C4 for May and S1 and M1
next January. Since C1 and C2 doesn't make up AS or A Levels...but can I do them this way and still receive an overall Grade for all 3 sessions?

Also can anyone explain to me about the Chemistry and Physics papers, and which parts each paper contain, and if I can do them in 3 sessions,
2 papers each sitting?

Reaction score
To get an A-level in Maths u NEED 2 do C1-C4 + 2 additional units...
4 da rest.... 3 papers for AS n 3 for A2
Units 1,2,4,5 are theory.... units 3 and 6 are alternative to pracs.

Frm my xperience, it will b better if u giv it in 2 lots... units 1,2,3 and then units 4,5,6 as unit 3 and 6 have basically same syllabus as the preceeding units.... Also, 4 unit 4,5,6 da AS portion is included.

BTW, chk wid ur uni if they need A2, cuz it isnt really a requirement 4 all unis