• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

New Format of Exams for 2014?

Reaction score
Apparently there's been a new exam format for Maths P1, and for Bio P2, some "new" type of questions have been asked?

Were any of us told that the exams would be this different to the past papers? Was I misinformed? o_O

Are A2 exams gonna suffer with "different" formats too?

Reaction score
No, we weren't told. We were just unlucky :/ My friends told me that their Chemistry AS was also different, even Biology and even Math AS today. Seems like other upcoming AS and A level exams will be tough. So study as hard as you can, cause the questions won't be the same.
Good luck :D

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply, but then again… no changes to the syllabus, so basically, if we've got every word covered, we shouldn't be too screwed, should we?

Reaction score
Yes there has been a change in format as you can see on the front page of the exam question paper they even changed the A Levels symbol just to mark a change . and before this they also released new syllabuses for exams in 2015 (AS in 2014) although the syllabus was just same as ours . they didnt exactly want to tell us , they wanted to take us by surprise . ive done approximately 5 years of past papers in chemistry paper 22 and 10 years for paper 22 , what i saw in these 2 papers really took me by surprise , id never seen such a format being exhibitted in the past papers. i was so much used to them . but anyway we'll be consolidated with lowered boundaries hopefully

Reaction score
Yeah, definitely. There has to be lower grade boundaries, surely they're not too inconsiderate.

Level of Unfairness: Over 9000.

Reaction score
Chem AS : Different Layout-Shorter?
Math AS: MF Hard and alternate layout
Bio AS: Slightly different, same level of difficulty, Lengthy

*EDIT: Also, How did none of us know there would be a change?

None of us knew because... well, because of because.
BECAUSE.

I AM IN RAGE.
This is so unfair, God.