• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Nepalese students here...//

Reaction score
Nepalese students from Xavier,Malpi,Rato bangala , Budhanilkantha , Chelsea and others please discus your specific problems here..//

Reaction score
Add GEMS too ;)

Statistics revision would be great.

Anyway what are you guys giving exam of ?

Reaction score
5 POINT SOMEONE should know : What to and what not to do at A-levels as a Nepali Student.
- by Bineet Ojha (@bineetojha)

Greetings to all the Nepalese A-level students, studying at Budhanilkantha, Xavier ,St.Xaviers, Chelsea, Trinity and some other schools of Kathmandu and Pokhara. Not too many freshman bother to give the exams in this oct/nov session, so i think i am talking to A2 students or some seniors who left some credits last May/june or had badluck last time around.
Here are your FIVE Commandments, which i assure, will show you the right way !!

1.Forget your last exams’ grades (or forecast grades). As all of the schools here take some sort of a preparetary or Mock-up tests in order to predict the grades in the Board exams. Let me be straight, they don’t even come close to ‘predicting’ your future grades because of the obvious reasons !! Testing standards, and unscientific methodology used in checking of scripts here and also Unweighted results.
So at CIE exams we have Very standard questions, set accordingly to the syllabus topics so absolutely no flaw in examining procedures , very precisely defined mark-schemes so every opportunity that a student can score credits and Weighted Percentile rank which means if others do bad, its good for you !!!
So its sure that you have every opportunity to better your grades by one grade scale (meaning, A* at board exams if you are getting straight A’s at your college exams)

2.Leave no sylabus topic as ‘Not-Understood’ !! Unravel and explore every single part of your syllabus,because you should know what are you supposed to study at A-levels and more importantly, what are they going to ask in the examinations, be sure that you are aware of every word in the syllabus, like ‘why some topics start will Recall..’ and some other specialties. Understand what do the examiner want to assess about the topic when they say ‘Explain..or, Describe... or, Outline..*Check-out the last pages of the syllabus for this* ’. Beware of the ‘link-topics’. Once done, then look for the Schemes of work or Microsylabus as some of the schools call it .It contains every details regarding the sylabus topics and how should the topics be approached , for those who haven’t seen or heard of it..here’s what it looks like:

3.Never Plan on studying . Why? Because we are Nepalese !! And we are very good at making plans but..a bit shorthand in implementing them. And if you are one of those planning-freaks, ‘Áza yo padhcçhu..Bholi tyo..’. FORGET IT !! you are never going to make it, that i speak from my personal insight that i experienced myself, all of my friends did and i also my students *I tutored and worked as an intern at my college for 7 weeks* .So just feel the Exam-rush and keep studying, it does not matter what you are studying unless you are studying !! Just go with the wind and see where it takes you, and i am pretty sure it’ll be a place nicer than the one u’ll end up if you are to follow a “plan”.

4.NO Breaks. Well, many of the exam preparation sites or books suggest to take some some sort of breaks during a study period, which the Nepalese students deceive as a free-time or a free-break and they lash onto Facebook, Twitter and other things , making excuses of breaks. The breaks are supposed to put a break on the mental stress one experiences during marathon-study runs, but the only thing that they put a break , or better ‘brake’, is the momentum of your studies. And you never seem to acclerate thereafter. And one another mythbuster, our mind is one of the most self-dependent things in the universe so it’ll send you a notification whenever it thinks that it’s tired so don’t worry about it. Bottomline: Avoid making excuses, and take no breaks.

5.Past-papers, Mark-schemes and Examiner Reports. This is a very important point, and definately the one if you are to score very high in your exams. Our Nepalese approach *i usually tend to generalize the most re-occured problems in approaching the A-levels questions as the Social-studies approach , unwanted creepy words like beecaUse.. althoUgh.. so wee have.. , dumb coherency, and overall delusioning answer that really makes no sense at all * , developed due to the Nepalese High-school curriculum, so we can’t help it.The only way to improvise is to go through all the pastpaper questions, and mark-schemes.And we know that mark-schemes are based on precise words,don’t we? .So we need to know all of the key-words all of them, because those are what we’re gonna get marks for !! and sooner, in this process, you will realize WHY? So leave no question unanswered, which will itself require you to refer to the mark-schemes, and no answer not-understood, which in-turn will require you to refer to the examiner reports.

And after you finish the examinations, make up your mind and try and imagine where do you see yourself next year and then act accordingly. If Harvard is where you want to be, then register for the SAT subject tests and take dates for December,January likewise. And Start visiting USEF,Nepal at Gyaneshwor. Or you want to go along with the Nepalese way MBBS, BE, BBS or CA , start taking the preparatory classes at the respective places. The key is to Start Early !!!
Best Of Luck .

A student acquires a quarter of his knowledge from his teacher,another quarter from his fellow students,
third quarter from his own intelligence and the last quarter in course of time with experience || ||

Attachments

• 5 POINT SOMEONE should know.pdf
    268.5 KB · Views: 48
Reaction score
How can i be in XPF Power/ XPF Elite ..Do i need to be thanked by others ...or something else

Reaction score
1st of all...college doesnot matter...! wherever u are from...and i agree with bineetojha.....!! wonderful points........and....for the stat one...u just go through the book and do past papers..i gurantee u can score more than 45...!!

Reaction score
Dude, do as i say....!! read the book carefully, they have got some gud examples, and then look at the formula, and then practice past papers....any confusions, post it here...!! book is enough...!! i think u can some solid pts...but that is of no use...learn by hearts buddy!!

Reaction score
Somebody help me for the dilution methods!! can anyone give me some simple and last minute tips for this things!!! please help me urgent! i need it for bio 34 today's PM session

Reaction score
what binit failed to add is the "rakshyas calculator" - The fx-991 ES that can solve problems in statistics including mean, standard deviation, normal distribution (yes no need for table!), vectors, equations, quadratics, complex numbers (argument khojdincha), integrate, differentiate, solve criteria of equations, solve for X, calculate in exponential/log and modulus, trig, make curves/graphs and sequences/series, and what not- hence the name rakshyas calculator...at least what me n my friends say. MUST HAVE. any other calculator is your own loss.

Nice to meet you, Suraj Poudel from Rato Bangala here - on a gap year and willing to help.

Reaction score
I have a stat a Question........
Each of the digit 1,1,2,3,3,4,6 is written on a seperate card.The seven cards are then laid out in a row to form 7-digit number.

How many of these digits are divisible by four ? Please write answer with explanations..?