• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Needing help relating to Islamiat 0493

Reaction score
Hi everyone...
I had my Islamiat paper and I want to ask YOU guys a few things to determine my marks :)
Okay first of all.....
Question1. Responsblities of Allah towards His creation and their towards Him.(10)
A: Our responsblity: No shirk, Knowing His power, Only asking for His help, Worshipping Him Alone.
His Responsblity: To forgive us, To provide us Rain etc to survive and also I wrote around 5 refernces in the whole question....
Q2: Early preaching of the Prophet(S.A.W) (10)
A: Inviting close friends and family to feast after revelation ( Which I worte ) + Safa Hill + Reference + Preaching at Taif.
Q3: Signifance of preaching privately..(4)
A: Important to preach privately to safe from torture but also very important to preach openly by time so more people know and it became reason for People of Madinah to call Prophet(S.A.W) there.

Guysssss.
How much marks will I get when I wrote this ? *I skipped some questions of the paper which I think I did correct and havent wrote the whole question, in this thread, just the main things in them*
I JUST REALLY WANT AN A OR A*. IA. :)
Have a good day and help me out :)

Reaction score
The question asked for first few years of after first revelation preaching at taif didn't happen till 10 years after prophethood
And you said you skipped some questions you have to get a minimun of 80 marks in both papers for an A skipping question wlll not get you even a B grade

Reaction score
Skipping means she didn't display them here...she actually attempted them on the paper...

Reaction score
Ohh My Bad :/
I attempted all 4 questions but I only wrote the ones which I had doubts about here.
Have you given the paper before? So what do you think out of the questions I have written here, like HOW MANY MARKS WILL I POSSIBLY GET?
and also I won't lie to you, I checked and saw that both my references in Q3 are half wrong :|

Reaction score
The question asked for first few years of after first revelation preaching at taif didn't happen till 10 years after prophethood
And you said you skipped some questions you have to get a minimun of 80 marks in both papers for an A skipping question wlll not get you even a B grade
AOA!
In my opinion, 'getting minimum 80 marks' is not the criteria for an A, as the grade thresholds and percentile system are first applied, according to which the criteria for an A goes up and down. For e.g, in the Oct/ Nov 2014 IGCSE Islamiyat papers, the marks for getting an A were 60/100 and for an A* 71/100 (70/100 for A* in O-level)... :eek:;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
AOA!
In my opinion, 'getting minimum 80 marks' is not the criteria for an A, as the grade thresholds and percentile system are first applied, according to which the criteria for an A goes up and down. For e.g, in the Oct/ Nov 2014 IGCSE Islamiyat papers, the marks for getting an A were 60/100 and for an A* 71/100 (70/100 for A* in O-level)... :eek:;)
Sir, Can I know a little detail about the grading system? And can somebody please answer me whether they think I'll get an A or not, on those questions..
How is the top marks determined for an A? Was 71 the highest marks in Islamiat last year? Thank you.

Reaction score
Sir, Can I know a little detail about the grading system? And can somebody please answer me whether they think I'll get an A or not, on those questions..
How is the top marks determined for an A? Was 71 the highest marks in Islamiat last year? Thank you.
AOA!
The grade thresholds or boundaries change every year... they depend on many factors like the difficulty of the paper compared to previous years papers, the percentile system etc.
According to what I have heard, there are two possible ways:
1. The one who scores highest e.g 72, then those marks will be considered 100%, and the rest will be calculated out of that much e.g u got 64, so it will be calculated 64/72.
2. The marks are graded according to a percentile system... your marks are compared to others who did the exams, like if your marks are better than 85% of the candidates, you will get 85%; I think it's like it.
Personally, I think the second one is more convincing, as if according to first way, average marks of candidates is 50/100 (suppose), and if one 'genius' gets 90/100, so it would be unfair to others who will be scored 50/90, but actually the average was 50 (n). On the other hand, if second way is applied, then if avg. is 50 (and highest is 90), and somebody gets 60, so his marks will be compared to others: which will be very good , but the first way would have his marks being 60/90,which I do not think is fair.
These are not the only factors; the CIE also takes into account several other things as well. :)
And remember, there is no clear-cut way or method: this process is a complicated one which only CIE knows about properly. :p

Reaction score
AOA!
The grade thresholds or boundaries change every year... they depend on many factors like the difficulty of the paper compared to previous years papers, the percentile system etc.
According to what I have heard, there are two possible ways:
1. The one who scores highest e.g 72, then those marks will be considered 100%, and the rest will be calculated out of that much e.g u got 64, so it will be calculated 64/72.
2. The marks are graded according to a percentile system... your marks are compared to others who did the exams, like if your marks are better than 85% of the candidates, you will get 85%; I think it's like it.
Personally, I think the second one is more convincing, as if according to first way, average marks of candidates is 50/100 (suppose), and if one 'genius' gets 90/100, so it would be unfair to others who will be scored 50/90, but actually the average was 50 (n). On the other hand, if second way is applied, then if avg. is 50 (and highest is 90), and somebody gets 60, so his marks will be compared to others: which will be very good , but the first way would have his marks being 60/90,which I do not think is fair.
These are not the only factors; the CIE also takes into account several other things as well. :)
And remember, there is no clear-cut way or method: this process is a complicated one which only CIE knows about properly. :p
Okay can I at least know what were the grade thresholds and percentile system of May/June 2014 IGCSE islamiat and Pakistan Study paper? Thank you for your help

Reaction score
Okay can I at least know what were the grade thresholds and percentile system of May/June 2014 IGCSE islamiat and Pakistan Study paper? Thank you for your help
You're welcome. :)
Here are the grade thresholds for IGCSE May/June 2014 Islamiyat and O-Level May/June 2014 Pak Studies ( I do not have the IGCSE one; but this is very much similar):

Attachments

• 0493_s14_gt.pdf
    89.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 2059_s14_gt.pdf
    85.5 KB · Views: 9