• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Need some advice.. please help!

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Two days ago, we all got our results- I appeared for AS level this year, and I got an A in chemistry and a B in physics, biology and maths. The B in maths and physics was expected but I did not expect a B in biology- the papers went well enough for me to get an A- and as a matter of fact my biology went way, way better than chemistry did. I don't understand what went wrong.
I really want to get into medical school, and the uni's I'm looking at right now requires really good grades in chemistry and bio. So at at least an A in chemistry and biology A level. I really, really need an A in biology in A level.

Now the question is, do I resit bio this November or should I work really hard for paper 4 and 5? Is there any chance this B in AS can be changed into an A or an A* if my paper 4 and 5 goes really good? Or is it out of the question?

Your replies would really be appreciated. I have to know now cause if I have to resit bio, I have to start working now. Please reply asap.

Regards!

Reaction score
If you really ACE your A2, you can get an overall A. It also depends where your B is at the moment, if its like 2 more marks could have yielded an A then the chances are very high only if you do good in A2. As you mentioned your papers went well so it must be somewhere closer to grade A.

Reaction score
If you really ACE your A2, you can get an overall A. It also depends where your B is at the moment, if its like 2 more marks could have yielded an A then the chances are very high only if you do good in A2. As you mentioned your papers went well so it must be somewhere closer to grade A.

Thanks! :)
And the school/center will be aware of where our B lies?

Reaction score
Yes, you can improve your B to A if you manage to ace A2!

However, beware, its very difficult!
I know many friends who have worked real hard and yet only manage to retain the AS grade......

Best Of Luck!
(y)

Reaction score
honestly speaking, its very difficult to upgrade your As grade when it comes to bio. nobody around me could. so THAT i m saying with my personal experience only. retaking wouldnt be a good choice aswell as you need to give your fullest to bio A2. its almost 60% more difficult than As. so you cant compromise on your time this way by retaking As. i would suggest you to wait for your splits to come. check them and make an estimate of your bio percentage. phir decide accordingly.

Reaction score
The thing is for A* you need a must A in AS level and an A overall in A2 papers as well.

So for A* you have to resit, for A you can do well on the A2 part. But I suggest resitting. Your mistake is probably not lack of knowledge but answering technique. Go through examiner reports

Meo

Reaction score
The thing is for A* you need a must A in AS level and an A overall in A2 papers as well.

So for A* you have to resit, for A you can do well on the A2 part. But I suggest resitting. Your mistake is probably not lack of knowledge but answering technique. Go through examiner reports
an A for AS is not a must but it'll give you a stronger chance to score A* for your A level.
I know this because a friend of mine scored a b for his AS physics (79%) managed to pull up his grade to A* with his A2.

If you really want that A* you'll need to really ace your papers 4&5 but remember, chances are kind of low. I suggest for you to retake your AS to enhance your chances.