• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Need Ideas About IELTS

Reaction score
Hello and Salam guys!!
I just need a brief infos about IELTS??
1) How to study well for this type of exam??
2) How long should I study if Im a C grade student in IGCSE english exam??
3) Wen can i give exam?? like in june or oct etc??
4) What are good score for IELTS??
5) Is it easier than TOEFL or SAT??

Please let me know these details GUYs!!!!

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Wassalam,

1) Just practice some tests.
2) C grader in English As a First Language or Second? If First, a two week prep would do. If second, you are gonna need at least a month.
3) Visit www.ielts.org for such details.
4) 7 or above.
5) Same difficulty level as TOEFL. A lot easier than SAT.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know anyone who took tuition for IELTS. You can easily prepare for it on your own.

Reaction score
Ok whatever!
Hey I was looking for tuition for this IELTS so then I went to this page
https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/CountryExamSearch.aspx
Then I can't get what it does it mean under module.
Then I've two option 1) general training 2) academics
So what should I take?? And what does these word mean here????
Please help

Hi,

I gave the IELTS Academic exam in March 2013. The Academic and General training modules are two different formats of the IELTS exams for different purposes. The IELTS Academic module is for those candidates who want to pursue undergraduate or postgraduate studies at college/university level in other countries. General Training module is for immigration purposes. Majority of students are required to give IELTS academic module. I think you too should sit the Academic module.

As for your other questions;
1. I found 'Insight into IELTS' and Cambridge IELTS 8,7, 6 (past exam papers books) real helpful. You can also check ielts-simon.com (an excellent and helpful website run by an ex-IELTS examiner)
2. I studied for a month along with FSc II classes and got overall band 8 (listening 8.5, reading 7, writing 8, speaking 8). But I have secured 90% in Fsc and Matric English exams. So, I think, you should prepare for two months (one month study, one month practice)
3. The IELTS exam dates for 2013 are given on the website; ielts.org/test_takers_information/how_do_i_register/test_dates.aspx
4.A good score on IELTS is overall band 7 out of band 9 (total). All the modules Listening, reading, writing and speaking are also individually maked out of total band 9 score) You should aim at band 7 in all four skills. This is the basic requirement of all international colleges and universities.
5. It's way easier than SAT and a bit harder than TOEFL.

I'll be glad to help if you need anything else.

Thanks

Reaction score
Hi,

I gave the IELTS Academic exam in March 2013. The Academic and General training modules are two different formats of the IELTS exams for different purposes. The IELTS Academic module is for those candidates who want to pursue undergraduate or postgraduate studies at college/university level in other countries. General Training module is for immigration purposes. Majority of students are required to give IELTS academic module. I think you too should sit the Academic module.

As for your other questions;
1. I found 'Insight into IELTS' and Cambridge IELTS 8,7, 6 (past exam papers books) real helpful. You can also check ielts-simon.com (an excellent and helpful website run by an ex-IELTS examiner)
2. I studied for a month along with FSc II classes and got overall band 8 (listening 8.5, reading 7, writing 8, speaking 8). But I have secured 90% in Fsc and Matric English exams. So, I think, you should prepare for two months (one month study, one month practice)
3. The IELTS exam dates for 2013 are given on the website; ielts.org/test_takers_information/how_do_i_register/test_dates.aspx
4.A good score on IELTS is overall band 7 out of band 9 (total). All the modules Listening, reading, writing and speaking are also individually maked out of total band 9 score) You should aim at band 7 in all four skills. This is the basic requirement of all international colleges and universities.
5. It's way easier than SAT and a bit harder than TOEFL.

I'll be glad to help if you need anything else.

Thanks
Well that's was too much details to my questions!!
Just Duaa for me as I've IELTS exam on this sat! Dua not wanted but needed!!

Reaction score
Oh, hope your exam went well.
Duas are with you.
All the best for a good result (Inshallah)

Reaction score
Well Sirius48 ! I got overall a 6.5 band alhumdulilah! Thanks for your all support! Thanks for everything! May Allah bless you!! Thank you!

Good Job!!! Congrats!!! Your welcome. Thank you for your dua. May Allah bless you even more and fulfill all your wishes, Amin. This exam has opened many doors for you, use it to the fullest. Many universities are satisfied with a 6.5 score, so make the most of it. All the best for your future.