• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Need help on deciding should i re give AS Chem n phy?

Reaction score
hey guys! i gave my AS level phy n chem last nov! and got my results sum days ago! i got A in phy with 85% and A in chemistry with 84%... now im preparing for A2.. bt i was thinking shld i regive these again this November.. cause i need a A* in both! since i plan to apply to all top engineering colleges! ur opinion values a lot! please help! thanx! :)

Reaction score
ya i know that i cant get a A* in AS level but wat im saying is! the total A level score is 50% of AS and 50% of A2... and as A2 is more difficult then it would b harder to score more % thn in AS... so shld i try to get more % in AS?

Reaction score
frist of all nothing is difficult :) change that attitude and youll succeed :) your 5 is fine according to me ! but if you think you can score better do try :)

Meo

Reaction score
hey guys! i gave my AS level phy n chem last nov! and got my results sum days ago! i got A in phy with 85% and A in chemistry with 84%... now im preparing for A2.. bt i was thinking shld i regive these again this November.. cause i need a A* in both! since i plan to apply to all top engineering colleges! ur opinion values a lot! please help! thanx! :)

Are you taking A2 level as well for this June session? If you are then it's better for you to not take AS exams again as it might affect your A2 studies, this was the advice I got from my tutors when I was considering to retake Physics for the last Oct/Nov session. However! If I were you, regardless the circumstances, I would take chemistry, if not both papers, to put myself in a better position to get A*. The choice is yours to make. (fyi after thorough thinking and considering the consequences, I did not retake any AS exams for Oct/Nov to focus more on my A2 exams)

Reaction score
hey there ...according to my info there is no A* for as level ....A* is only for the complete A levels....[As as well as A2]

Meo

Reaction score
hey there ...according to my info there is no A* for as level ....A* is only for the complete A levels....[As as well as A2]
I think what he meant for A* in AS is 90% and above. because to get an A* for A level you need to get 90% or above.

Reaction score
thanx 4 d help guys! especially haha101! i need ur advice badly! and meo! ya! I think i shld focus completely focus on my A2! and try gettin more in them! and b-boy thanx 4 d info!