• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Need help Maths (transformations)

Reaction score
Hello,
I have seen some questions regarding matrix transformations in the past papers.I havent studied this topic in the school :s I do know the simple transformations, but matrix transformation is completely new for me.
Can any one give me any notes for them or tell me the basic rules/formulas I need to know for this topic?

Reaction score
Its easy.... U just need to consider 2 points (1,0) and (0,1) and see what happens to them under the transformation u are asked for.... e.g (1,0) and (0,1) when reflected in the y-asix will become (-1,0) and (0,1).. Now write the new points as a Matrix.... the first one (-1,0) in the first row and (0,1) in the second row.... This will be the matrix for reflection in y-axis.... Or if u are not getting this, u can learn the matrices for different transformations by heart and use them....

Reaction score
This booklet has all the required transformation matrices on one of its last pages.
:)

Attachments

• Formula book 2009(3rd Edition).pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 52