• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Need help in ICT practicals!!!

Reaction score
there was a part in p3(EXCEL) where we have to search the internet for the Olympic games!!!so my question is:Is there a particular website to search for it or randomly we have to search in Google??

Reaction score
I believe this is IGCSE paper from May/June 2011?
You will have to randomly find it on the internet, or that was what we were instructed to do. I think that it is extremely stupid to do this, since on the internet you will never know what is real, and what is fake. When I did the exam, I went to the first page of Google, and magic: I took the wrong information. So spend a little time looking for a reliable source of data. (This caused my probably A* or A to turn into a top B...)

Reaction score
I believe this is IGCSE paper from May/June 2011?
You will have to randomly find it on the internet, or that was what we were instructed to do. I think that it is extremely stupid to do this, since on the internet you will never know what is real, and what is fake. When I did the exam, I went to the first page of Google, and magic: I took the wrong information. So spend a little time looking for a reliable source of data. (This caused my probably A* or A to turn into a top B...)
Well kernel95 : sad story , better luck next time :)

Reaction score
Yeah, currently doing my AS levels, and I really hope neither Applied Information and Communication Technology (hooly, that's a long name for a subject once again), nor Computing have anything to do with researching factual data from the internet. I was very upset, but decided not to resit since I do not find use for IGCSE grades if I do an A-Level on the same subject later on... or should I have resat?

Edit: sorry for little off-topic :(