• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Need help for SAT Physics and Maths

Reaction score
Hello all, i have started preparing for the Sat subject test in physics and Maths which will be held in the first week of May.

This is actually a retake of my previous SAT Physics score in January which was a 690 and Maths in December which was 570 (pretty bad i know).

I need some tips for preparing for these subject tests, The last time i studied for Physics i used barrons, Although i was well prepared but i still don't know why i scored such low on the actual tests.

View this thread here 800 on Physics with these scores? to see the practice tests scores i was getting in Barrons and all the other books. I was quite sure i would be getting a 750+ atleast.

So this time i really need to score a 750+, how should i do that? Should i prepare from barrons again or use any other book? And how should i be preparing most important of all?

And now comes Maths, i have started preparing for it from Barrons aswell, last time i used princeton review for it and scored so low
tongue.gif;wa2ba51e2e34cfbdec
, Barrons is actually quite hard but i think it should be good enough, after i'm done with going through all the topics, i'll go through sparknotes once aswell and then just practice practice practice!
smile.gif;wa0f599d63a8dcebe8

Any additional tips for Maths would be appreciated aswell.

Thank You.

Reaction score
Hello all, i have started preparing for the Sat subject test in physics and Maths which will be held in the first week of May.

This is actually a retake of my previous SAT Physics score in January which was a 690 and Maths in December which was 570 (pretty bad i know).

I need some tips for preparing for these subject tests, The last time i studied for Physics i used barrons, Although i was well prepared but i still don't know why i scored such low on the actual tests.

View this thread here 800 on Physics with these scores? to see the practice tests scores i was getting in Barrons and all the other books. I was quite sure i would be getting a 750+ atleast.

So this time i really need to score a 750+, how should i do that? Should i prepare from barrons again or use any other book? And how should i be preparing most important of all?

And now comes Maths, i have started preparing for it from Barrons aswell, last time i used princeton review for it and scored so low
tongue.gif;wa2ba51e2e34cfbdec
, Barrons is actually quite hard but i think it should be good enough, after i'm done with going through all the topics, i'll go through sparknotes once aswell and then just practice practice practice!

Any additional tips for Maths would be appreciated aswell.

Thank You.
I might not be much of ur help but i can tell u that if u prepare maths from barrons book u will be a lot more confident coz its difficult. I need to ask u one question that do we need a graphing calculator for a perfect score in maths?

Reaction score
I might not be much of ur help but i can tell u that if u prepare maths from barrons book u will be a lot more confident coz its difficult. I need to ask u one question that do we need a graphing calculator for a perfect score in maths?
Not necessarily, if your good at maths you should be fine without a graphing calculator too, It is good if you are looking to save time.

Reaction score
Not necessarily, if your good at maths you should be fine without a graphing calculator too, It is good if you are looking to save time.

I doubt it will save you a lot of time. And if you're not familiar with using a graphing calculator, you might end up wasting more time. I know Barrons emphasizes the importance of using a g. calculator a lot, but I never really felt the need to use one on the real test (albeit I didn't get an 800, but a friend of mine did and he didn't use one either).

Reaction score
can someone help me with a link to download barron's sat maths 1,2 or physics please. we can trade.

Reaction score
People. Barrons is the worst book u could possibly use. Princeton is way better. I got 3200 in my SAT subject tests.

Reaction score
^ You sure are right about that for the Maths II that is. I finished with reviewing the content of Barrons just yesterday of Maths level II and now when i did the practice test i couldn't solve more then half of the questions.

So please now guide me what should i do? I need effective studying since i have very less days left (Test on May 5th). BILALrox01 how much time did you spend on PR and what score did you get in it?

Reaction score
^ You sure are right about that for the Maths II that is. I finished with reviewing the content of Barrons just yesterday of Maths level II and now when i did the practice test i couldn't solve more then half of the questions.

So please now guide me what should i do? I need effective studying since i have very less days left (Test on May 5th). BILALrox01 how much time did you spend on PR and what score did you get in it?
I was taking my Bio test with maths so i spent around 2 weeks on both of them. Take my advice. Princeton beats Barron's any day. It contains all that you need to score great. I got 800 MA. One of my friends got 780 and he too studied only from Princeton. It should be enough. Barron's contain a lot of unnecessary information.