• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Need advice

Reaction score
I think I posted on the wrong side. Mods feel free to delete the other thread anyways.
I decided to take on IGCSE starting of this year and enrolled. I'm taking:
English First language
Business Studies
Mathematics
Malay Foreign Language
ICT
I'm not familiar with IGCSE settings and papers at all but I am doing my revision. Thing is I finished my ICT paper 2 so far and I didn't manage to complete the paper in time. My worries have multiplied now I'm scared I can't do the papers because i'm unfamiliar with it. and i'm scared they will change how the paper is this year. Does this happen? I'm not a smart person at all but due to some circumstances im allowed to take IGCSE and if I fail this test.. I have no idea what kind of situation i'll fall in and I do not want to imagine. All I need is 5 C for these subjects but ofcourse my aim is higher.. Any tips for each of the subjects? What to keep a lookout for. Especially ICT paper 3 My school's using dreamweaver and excel. Any tips on those?
I'm super worried and depressed now and I resorted to posting in this forum because really I don't know where to go to. Thanks in advance. Sorry if i'm posting on the wrong side of the forum.

Reaction score
I think before you even revise you need to calm yourself down and stop worrying too much because worrying doesn't really help lol. It just makes you get super stressed out and you might end up working less productively.

If you're not familiar with the IGCSE exams of course you have to practice A LOT of the past papers.

I take the First Language English exam as well and me and many of my friends/teachers agree that the papers are getting harder. So really try practicing past papers especially the 2013 ones (both summer and winter) and check the marking scheme after you've completed the practice. The most important thing you really need to do to excel the First Language Exam is to read the text thoroughly and make sure you include as many points in your Q1 and Q2. I'm not too good at the exam so I can't really give the best advice.

Anyways

For Business Studies, I dropped it after a year but I guess I can still give pretty good advice. There are several things you really need to do. Like you need to make sure you memorize the definitions of the key terms because part of the exam is about whether you know the terminology. And also the formulas!! Don't think that just because they're worth only 1/2 marks per question it doesn't mean anything. Every point counts!!! And if i remember correctly, they always have 6 mark questions--2 marks for identifying/2 for analysis/2 for evaluation. These skills are very crucial in the exam in order to get the marks so do read over the marking scheme to see what the examiners want. After all, memorizing a bunch of key terms and concepts is the key to excelling in the business exam.

For Mathematics, I'm not sure if you're doing international mathematics/idk; but they're really not super hard and maths is about practicing and practicing and practicing so just do as many past papers as you can.

I don't do Malay Foreign Langauge and ICT

I'm aware that it's less than a month from the IGCSEs, there are plenty of resources you can download on the xtremepaper forum. So i think it's worth spending several hours or up to a day just downloading resources. It really saves you a lot of time because making notes are seriously time consuming.

Anyways, just remember not to stress out yourself, revise regualarly and take breaks!!

Reaction score
Malay Foreign Language is a really easy paper, don't be worried. If you are taking this paper I'm assuming you are from Malaysia and have a basic foundation in the language. There are two papers as well as the oral component. Paper 2 is rather simple, if I remember correctly there are two short essays (about 80 words). For the essays I recommend that you write simple and crisp sentences that are interesting. It's a foreign language paper so you are not expected to know very complicated words, it won't hurt to show-off a little with the vocabulary if you can. Try and avoid complicated idioms and similes as it can create confusion. For paper 2 just practice the past year papers and you should be fine. Try and score as many marks as you can in Paper 2 because it's easier than paper 4 in my opinion.

Paper 4 consists of 2 essays. The first question you can choose the question out of two options and the second question is compulsory. Once again, keep the essays interesting and ensure the grammar is correct. You aren't expected to use bombastic words as it is a foreign language paper. Practice writing in these few weeks. Try some past papers to get used to the format.

Please please please don't stress yourself out, stay calm and just do your revision diligently and do some past papers. Wishing you best of luck for your examination!

Reaction score
I think I posted on the wrong side. Mods feel free to delete the other thread anyways.
I decided to take on IGCSE starting of this year and enrolled. I'm taking:
English First language
Business Studies
Mathematics
Malay Foreign Language
ICT
I'm not familiar with IGCSE settings and papers at all but I am doing my revision. Thing is I finished my ICT paper 2 so far and I didn't manage to complete the paper in time. My worries have multiplied now I'm scared I can't do the papers because i'm unfamiliar with it. and i'm scared they will change how the paper is this year. Does this happen? I'm not a smart person at all but due to some circumstances im allowed to take IGCSE and if I fail this test.. I have no idea what kind of situation i'll fall in and I do not want to imagine. All I need is 5 C for these subjects but ofcourse my aim is higher.. Any tips for each of the subjects? What to keep a lookout for. Especially ICT paper 3 My school's using dreamweaver and excel. Any tips on those?
I'm super worried and depressed now and I resorted to posting in this forum because really I don't know where to go to. Thanks in advance. Sorry if i'm posting on the wrong side of the forum.
dude, u need to chill! with little time left, the best you could do now is practice as many past papers as possible. this would give you an idea of the type of questions you'll be facing in the exams so u wont be completely blank at the time of exam. also, read the revision guides if u have them as they're also very helpful. with enough practice, you'll get at least a C in all the subjects. IGCSEs are not so tough once u get the hang of it...and even if you fail u could give the exam again in october/november!
hope this helped!!:):):)