• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

NASA is my dream. I wanna be in Space.

Do you love space???

• A lot

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Not interested -_-

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hello people, I am totally at 0% knowledge what and how to do things to get into NASA so that I can go to the space. Anyone who can help in,
  1. Which field to choose in bachelors and masters
  2. What to do things to get into NASA
Or anything in which u can help me.

DarkEclipse, Rutzaba or anyone who can help me getting this information. I need to answer my dad within 5 days.

Reaction score
Buckle up, because what I'm about to say is what you might not want to hear.
At this point of time, your chances in getting a job at NASA is close to nil. Why? Simply because you are not a US citizen.
upload_2014-12-13_8-55-39.png

See? Most of their programs are federal funded (government aid), so they will only very rarely take non-citizens.
In the event that you do become a US citizen, what you study is entirely up to you. These are the types of jobs at NASA, as well as their descriptions, so go ahead and read it:
http://nasajobs.nasa.gov/jobs/occupations.htm

And going to space is easier said then done. Most NASA astronauts are US based, and have a lot of experience. It's like this: you don't choose NASA, NASA chooses you.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Buckle up, because what I'm about to say is what you might not want to hear.
At this point of time, your chances in getting a job at NASA is close to nil. Why? Simply because you are not a US citizen.
View attachment 49702

See? Most of their programs are federal funded (government aid), so they will only very rarely take non-citizens.
In the event that you do become a US citizen, what you study is entirely up to you. These are the types of jobs at NASA, as well as their descriptions, so go ahead and read it:
http://nasajobs.nasa.gov/jobs/occupations.htm

And going to space is easier said then done. Most NASA astronauts are US based, and have a lot of experience. It's like this: you don't choose NASA, NASA chooses you.
So no chances of me to get admitted to the NASA? :(

Reaction score
So no chances of me to get admitted to the NASA? :(
I didn't say you have no chances, I said next to nil, which means close to none. If you're extremely smart, display excellent academic achievement, have the right amount of exposure and experience, then you might (and I emphasize "might") get into NASA.
I'm not going to give you any false hope, but if you're not a US citizen, it's next to impossible. You'll have to become one, then study and work until they accept you.