• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

my guide for matrices of transformation!! :)

Reaction score
so some people have asked me for how i do matrices of transformation...and i will post it here so everyone can see!!!

alright so the way i memorise this is by using mnemonics( like making each number stand for something, u will see). memorise in this order!
For THESE matrices i make the whole matrix stand for the word ollo ( its kinda like an insult :p) so 0110 is ollo get it?

reflection y=x
(0 1
1 0)
i call this ollo
reflection y=-x
( 0 -1
-1 0)
i call this ollo with all minus :)
rotation 90 anticlockwise
( 0 -1
1 0)
i call this ollo with top minus :)
rotation 90 clockwise
( 0 1
-1 0)
i call this ollo with bottom minus :)
For THESE matrices i make the whole matrix stand for the word lool ( kinda like lol) so 1001 is lool
rotation 180
( -1 0
0 -1)
i call this lool with all minus :)
reflection y axis
( -1 0
0 1)
i call this lool with top minus :)
reflection x axis
( 1 0
0 -1)
i call this lool with bottom minus :)
For THESE matrices i made up a STORY so look!
shear x axis
( 1 k
0 1)
i made these numbers stand for IS KHALED ON LINE? :p
so 1= is k= khaled 0= on 1= line
shear y axis
(l 0
k 1)
i made this one a word: local = lokl = 10k1 :)
stretch y axis
( k 0
0 l)
this is also a word: cool = kool = k001 :)
stretch x axis
( 1 0
0 k)
this is also a word: look = 100k
FINALLY
enlargement ( only one thank god )
(k 0
0 k)
i made it stand for cook = k00k :)
HOPE I HELPED AND INSHALLAH U WILL UNDERSTAND AND DO GOOD :)

file is attached below( some minor changes to the mnemonics too :)), kindly made by wooowooowoo ( long name i know :p)
In this attached file.....ther r many things wich r opposite of wat u wrote...check stretch...wich one shud we learn ???

Reaction score
In this attached file.....ther r many things wich r opposite of wat u wrote...check stretch...wich one shud we learn ???
Learn from the one specified in thread. I might have done some copy - paste error while rendering. Can you please private message me about what all things are wrong?

Reaction score
how to find the coordinates of the point of intersection of y=4-x and the parabola y=x^2+1
you sketch the parabola and then you sketch y=4-x . Where they intersect (a point or two), draw a perpendicular to the x-axis and that will be you (x). Next draw the perpendicular to the y-axis and that will be your (y). The coordinates are (x,y)

Reaction score
Learn from the one specified in thread. I might have done some copy - paste error while rendering. Can you please private message me about what all things are wrong?
the lokl one is different, as is the ikol one. double check :)

Reaction score
Sorry about the previous post - Messed up the stretching part. I request everyone to delete the old file and download the updated version.

Attachments

• MATRICES QUICK REVISION GUIDE.pdf
    337.2 KB · Views: 53
Reaction score
and how do you get the invariant line of shear and stretchh, its kinda confusingg.. Helpp

Reaction score
and how do you get the invariant line of shear and stretchh, its kinda confusingg.. Helpp
for invariant line:

STRETCH- if the point moved is parallel to the Y AXIS it is X AXIS invariant and same for opposite
SHEAR- if the point moved is parallel to the Y AXIS it is Y AXIS invariant and same for opposite

get it ? shear and stretch are different :) hope i helped!