• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

My contribution. How to study.

Reaction score
Assalam-o-alaikum everyone,

First of all, I'd like to mention that I've read tips given by people with regards to studying on Xtreme Papers Forums and I'd like to thank each and every one of you who shared those tips.

And I felt that I could contribute a little too. So here goes:

How To Study

1. Usually our school teachers tell us what chapter we'd be doing in the next lesson, if not, then you should ask your teacher and come home and just give that chapter a quick read but as you read try to understand that information and if you don't understand something, write it down in your book so that you can ask your teacher that problem in the next lesson. What this does is that when the teacher is actually teaching that particular chapter, you won't feel lost. To be very honest, you'd actually understand everything.

2. When you do No.1, I feel that you need a good textbook for maximum efficiency. I used a number of textbooks and resources for my sciences so I cannot really specify each one of them but definitely for Biology; I personally LOVE 'Advanced Biology for You' and I used it for my A2. This book is very very good. It's summarised but at the same time, it doesn't miss any important information. But of course, other books and resources should also be used together with it.

3. After you are taught a chapter by your teacher, you should make your own notes for that chapter BEFORE you start the next chapter at school. I say that because everything is fresh in your mind and notes will really help you to understand that chapter much more.

4. Finally, do lots of past papers for that topic immediately after you finish writing your notes. This helps you to understand the concepts even more clearly and also tells you where to modify your notes for better understanding.

Well, this is it. I hope this helps the reader and I wish everyone the best of luck for all their endeavours.
Do remember me in your prayers. :)