• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

MIT Admission

Reaction score
Can u people have any Ideas What MIT looks in each applicant ? Almost all candidates applying for MIT has high grades,high SAT scores and may be highly accomplished . So how they Select candidates..

Reaction score
Selection is on pure Merit and skill basis.
The most important thing is a competetive SAt1 score.
Secondly, Your Grades must be good.
You must be an active participant, might be games, debates, or anything. Show them your every possible certificate.
Create a well stated and precise personnel essay.
and then.....
Pray!

Reaction score
Any tips are useless without knowing your particular context i.e ur field, ur interests.

Almost everyone applying to such places has high grades, high sat scores, a huge list of extra-curriculars, but the reality is not everyone gets in. So it's all about ur 'own' context.

Either pm me ur academic info, field info or contact me at http://www.facebook.com/ZohaibAsadSyed

Will let u knw some general tips.

Reaction score
Yea

Like if you plan to do engineering. The key thing they are looking for is mathematical ability because the math you do at university is much more difficult than even A level further maths. So u need to show you have a high mathematical ability, like a distinction in a maths subject wud help a lot.

So it's about ur particular context. Plus MIT has stated it specifically that they 'do not want a laundry list' of extra-curriculars. Even 2-3 relevant extra-curriculars would be enough.

These can be winning a competition related to your field like a mathematics Olympiad, a relevant internship.

So it's about how strong ur own context is.

Reaction score
Hmm, well I took 7 IG subjects. Got 6 A*s in Phys, Math, Chem, Bio, Bus and Eng, and an A in Phys Ed.
I've got my AS Results too. 3 As in all subjects and a Percentage Uniform Mark of 100% in all of them.
I've taught Math and Physics as an Intern at my School too.
What do you reckon my chances are at Admission?
I'm trying for a course in Theoretical Physics and Applied Math.

Reaction score
aqsasaleem23 said:
Selection is on pure Merit and skill basis.
The most important thing is a competetive SAt1 score.
Secondly, Your Grades must be good.
You must be an active participant, might be games, debates, or anything. Show them your every possible certificate.
Create a well stated and precise personnel essay.
and then.....
Pray!
sorry..but MIT uses more than 8 short response questions not just one Personal essay ..please visit the nearest EducationUSA office or the MIT website for more details..and SAT reasoning test scores donot matter as much as you think of it to be..//

Reaction score
MW24595 said:
Hmm, well I took 7 IG subjects. Got 6 A*s in Phys, Math, Chem, Bio, Bus and Eng, and an A in Phys Ed.
I've got my AS Results too. 3 As in all subjects and a Percentage Uniform Mark of 100% in all of them.
I've taught Math and Physics as an Intern at my School too.
What do you reckon my chances are at Admission?
I'm trying for a course in Theoretical Physics and Applied Math.

One of our seniors had 7 A* and a jaw dropping triple 800 on the SAT reasoning teas, was rejected at MIT, deferred at Yale ..but same year a student of HSEB +2 , like the CBSE Indian board , had average percentage..and SAT score of 1900 and was accepted at MIT , on a need-blind basis meaning he paid no money for the study..so you cannot tell what the colleges want !!! but do apply and focus on a wholesome application rather than just academics .