• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Microsoft Access Question Please :)

Reaction score
Hello guys I got a little question concerning decimal places. In paper 2's Access task, sometimes it asks me to make a field "Numeric with 1 decimal place". What type of field size should I choose for this? Single/Integer/Double/Long Integer?

The main problem for me is, after I choose any of the above field sizes ( integers/long integer don't work ) and format the decimal places to "1", a ".0" does not appear after integers. For example if I have a field called "Number" which has records of 1, 1.5, 2, 3.5 etc... It doesn't show the 1st and the 3rd records as 1.0 and 2.0, however it shows the 1.5 and 3.5.

In the mark scheme the report printouts and word documents taken from DataBase show the ".0" and I can't seem to make it like that. :(

Thanks. :)

Reaction score
you have to select standard so the decimal places appear if you select integar so ofcourse no decimal places will appear cus it is integar i hope you will find it isa

Reaction score
What do you mean by "you have to select STANDARD" ? What's standard? Thanks :)

Reaction score
now for the numbers with decimal places leave the field size dont change it and from format select standard and select how many decimal places you want and you will c that the decimal places will appear even if it is after the point is zero good luck