• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Method of Studying?

Reaction score
Looks I know this may sound weird but I was wondering how you guys study? your method and how many hours a day..? please reply I seem to get bored and quit studying...

Reaction score
its not a weird question its pretty good.
well mostly i also get bored after studying just 1 hr i think ive studied a lot.well u cud do a number of things to make ur self study long !. if u r addicted to like fb or like some game u cud do this,u cud study 3 hrs at a stretch and then reward ur self a 1 hr and 30 mins of computer or watch tv or something like that,i use this and it works for me try rewarding ur self with the things u love but beware by using this method it will mean u have to make urself study only and not goof around at study times u cud conquer this habit by making a schedule to make u aware what u want to do ! :shock:
also some of us hate some subs like i mostly used to hate Maths before and i wud never study it and give it less times but u have to overcome this hatred for this sub,so what i did was that i used to study this for an hour and a 30 mins and the i took the best sub i liked and did that but once again concentration is key here.Also when studying make urself lonely like kinda lock ur self in a room where no one speaks to u or there is noise and then study there and also keep any type of hand held consoles,phones and laptops away or any novels away from u when u study. and try to be honest with ur self and make ur self fear the exams and try to make the exams ur rival and try to beat them fare and square :ROFLMAO: 8)
also if u r loosing concentration in middle when studying think abt what wud ur other friends who actually study :lol: will be doin at their home when its time to study and they will win the race against u so this helped me in the days before exams :p :wink: :roll: sounds weird but its quite handy.And then after u r giving all u have to ask GOD for helping u in ur task in hand.
PS. sitting in long stints at start might be difficult try giving a snack break to u in middle and energize ur self :beer: !
Hope u triumph ! :wink: :roll:

Reaction score
Well as far as i think, many people have different ways for studying and its is upto you to find the authentic way !! First of all, find a place which has no noises or distractions like T.V, PC, Laptops etc. Then before starting anything make sure you have all the things required like stationary, books, Journals etc with you. Moreover many subjects have ways to be studies like you can't make notes for Mathematics and it just requires practice. So study for 1 to 2 hours and then take a break and make sure that before u actually start studying you are fresh. (Use Coffee or any other Energy drink to boost u up). Main rule while studying is NEVER give up !! If you can't figure out a thing just ask someone, teacher, here on XPF or whereever you feel comfortable, While studying Forget all about the world and give all focus at the book!! Inshallah you will do just good !! :)

Reaction score
hi.i am a very busy grl n i hve 2 tke part 4 my exam in october.i have prctice ur method of stud....stil i cant do it :oops: .plzzzz can u help me :cry:

Reaction score
whose method? anyways both are same so what is difficult for u in the method and u cant do just remove any type of entertainment lying here and there when u study and just go for the books i guess since u r busy and dont get time to spare if u loose this time u start making ur self fear what u r goin to do if u fail in this exam or get bad grades this sometimes makes the human brain think wisely and forget these leisure activities which u can use later.

Reaction score
For O-levels (I just cleared them this year BTW), I only studied when there were exams/tests/etc. on the horizon; I never really had some study routine daily but nevertheless I think that's bad practice and you shouldn't do that. Just spend like 1-3 hours a day studying (especially topics you find difficult - give more time to them) and practice past papers of the topics which you study in school. Also ask your teacher specific problems you face whenever you get time. That way your concepts would be cleared more easily. Also, I advise against studying if you aren't in the mood (for example if you're feeling really sleepy or have a headache). And yeah, study in a proper environment away from other activities and concentrate while studying. If you mind is elsewhere you probably won't understand stuff.

Just my 2 cents. I hope that paragraph makes sense.

Reaction score
Hello..

Thanks for sharing your ideas which may help us in our study..
I have a problem that i am lisle weak in maths.. How can i improve my this subject. As i am the student of ICS. And i want to be a good in maths and computer sciences...
Please share some suggestions with me...