• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Merits.

Reaction score
Just asking,but
How much does your fsc result count for?

If your % is in 70's ,and your entry test is good . .can you make the merit?

Im thinking of retaking some of my A-level Subjects,do increase my % up to 80's.
So im confused.

Do you anyone who had not so amazing result,yet still got into a good Medical College?

Please,I really need advice. :'|

Reaction score
Just asking,but
How much does your fsc result count for?

If your % is in 70's ,and your entry test is good . .can you make the merit?

Im thinking of retaking some of my A-level Subjects,do increase my % up to 80's.
So im confused.

Do you anyone who had not so amazing result,yet still got into a good Medical College?

Please,I really need advice. :'|

As yet, UHS has not announced the percentage distributions for this year's MCAT. However, last year's percentage distributions were as follows:

Matric(or equivalent): 10%
FSc(or equivalent): 40%
MCAT: 50%

However, remember that the MCAT is entirely based on the FSC books and so is generally a big challenge for A Level students. In other words, very few A Level students get into Government Medical Colleges at all and the few I know all had good results.

Of course, if you're aiming to get into a Private Medical College , then you'll only have to pass the MCAT (get atleast 60% in it) and then apply to your preferred unis. Some, like CMH, have their own entry tests that you'll have to give first. But in general, most private universities are far more concerned about the size of your wallet than they are about your grades and results. Very few private medical universities, like Agha Khan (and maybe, Shifa too), have managed to maintain their integrity. Ever wonder how so many private medical universities are springing up in so many cities? Well, there's your answer. It's sad, really.

But I digress.
If you don't have a very good equivalence for your A Levels, you'll need to get a really good score in MCAT. Probably more than 1000 at the very least. Of course, these are just predictions. To be perfectly honest, MCAT can have very unpredictable results. So many people who get good scores in FSC are unable to pull off the same feat in MCAT.

MCAT is on the 23rd September this year. You could always have a go for it and see where it leads you.

I hope that helps.