• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mechanics M1: Post your doubt here

Reaction score
Nov 2011 p41 no. 2
What does it mean by magnitude of the resultant force there ? oO'
It means the modulus of the resultant force. for e.g the resultant force is -4i+3j
its magnitude becomes (squareroot)[ (-4^2) + (3^2) ] which is 5

Reaction score
Thank you mates :). TeKnOzOr timing is usually a problem for everyone. Try to be fast during your calculations but at the same time accurate too, otherwise its useless. Try to complete all the workings on time and make sure to maintain them neat and clean but if you just have few minutes left and a lot of questions to workout with then forget the above tips and just try to complete the works within time limit but make your that the one who is going to check your papers is at-least going to understand it. Something is better than nothing, isn't it ? (y)
hmmmmm......Ok Sir!! :p :)...thank you for those little advices which seems to be really helpful.Jazakhallah
agrrr...Im doing Nov11 p42 right now...it really sucks..>.< :p
Aniway.May Allah bless you all who are helping each other here.Surely,Allah helps those who help others!!
Gud Luck to all of you and just give the best of ourselves!! ;)

Reaction score
hmmmmm......Ok Sir!! :p :)...thank you for those little advices which seems to be really helpful.Jazakhallah
agrrr...Im doing Nov11 p42 right now...it really sucks..>.< :p
Aniway.May Allah bless you all who are helping each other here.Surely,Allah helps those who help others!!
Gud Luck to all of you and just give the best of ourselves!! ;)

Work out the paper ... take your time. but one advice would be not to stress yourself ... even tomorrow before the exams just keep cool and of course keep a check on the time. Do not discuss anything before the exam ... you'll be confused and you'll panick. So simply keep cool and all the best. :)

Reaction score
Work out the paper ... take your time. but one advice would be not to stress yourself ... even tomorrow before the exams just keep cool and of course keep a check on the time. Do not discuss anything before the exam ... you'll be confused and you'll panick. So simply keep cool and all the best. :)
Hmmm....seryer!! mersi boku Asheeta.:) You are really nice..!!:) Wondering ki lekol to aler!;)
Moi j'habite a Bel-Air!
Bein nice to know u Asheeta..Bonne chance a tw osi.Thanks again ;) :*

Reaction score
Reaction score
Thank you Asheeta, AhShun and all those who helped and/or encouraged in one way or the other.
Hope everything goes fine tomorrow, and may you succeed. :)

Reaction score
question 5 part 2 why in equation are we not subtracting the tension from the weight???? according to my prespective my equation shuld be 2g -(T+4) = 2a bt it is 2g + T -4 = 2a can anyone help me

Attachments

• 9709_s12_ms_42.pdf
    157.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 9709_s12_qp_42.pdf
    85.9 KB · Views: 3
Reaction score
question 5 part 2 why in equation are we not subtracting the tension from the weight???? according to my prespective my equation shuld be 2g -(T+4) = 2a bt it is 2g + T -4 = 2a can anyone help me
you have two boxes A and B. lets see what are the forces acting on A and B

forces acting on box A,

the Ts1 upwards and the air resistance 1.6N upwards and its weight acting downwards

forces acting on box B,

the Ts2 downwards and with the weight acting downwards and the air resistance acting upwards.

i guess now its easy to do the calculations. anyway i have 2 ways of answering this question one is applyin newton second law to each of the boxes or u can do it in a faster way to the combined boxes.

if u need further help to this question pls do ask me!

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
so guys are you ready for tomorrow ? inshallah you all get the grade you want :)

Reaction score
Hey Guys... If i get 65 in my P1 Paper.. and abt 30 in M1. Will I still be able to get an A grade??:confused:

Reaction score
you have two boxes A and B. lets see what are the forces acting on A and B

forces acting on box A,

the Ts1 upwards and the air resistance 1.6N upwards and its weight acting downwards

forces acting on box B,

the Ts2 downwards and with the weight acting downwards and the air resistance acting upwards.

i guess now its easy to do the calculations. anyway i have 2 ways of answering this question one is applyin newton second law to each of the boxes or u can do it in a faster way to the combined boxes.

if u need further help to this question pls do ask me!
this is what i want to ask that why is tension in B acting downwards???? as they bth are attached to a single rod and the tension is a cting upwards in A so will in B ?????