• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mechanics M1: Post your doubt here

Reaction score
Hii that's the attitude, I really appreciate.
yEah..tOtally agree brO..but dnt know if the paper will be as tough as the paper 1.:/
Inshallah everythings will be fine.
i've only 1 problem..zat is Timing..i usually gets out of time..can you just give me some advices brO
Jazakhallah!! :)
Thank you mates :). TeKnOzOr timing is usually a problem for everyone. Try to be fast during your calculations but at the same time accurate too, otherwise its useless. Try to complete all the workings on time and make sure to maintain them neat and clean but if you just have few minutes left and a lot of questions to workout with then forget the above tips and just try to complete the works within time limit but make your that the one who is going to check your papers is at-least going to understand it. Something is better than nothing, isn't it ? (y)

Reaction score
Please explain Ju012 varient : 43 , no.7 with details , no.5 ii , no.4 ii
Thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
Why is the tension in M/J 2009 Q1 40N and not 50N?
And how do you use the formula R+T=W?

Reaction score
Nov11 p42 no6

WOW finally done it:D
try to understand in this mess lol
Yeah i understand them. except, i don't understand the formula u used in the 2nd image, first line, can u make it clearer to me? Thanks loads mate. :)

Reaction score
Hi everyone, here are my doubts. I know the image appears scary, just i compiled all the doubts in one thing; only a few parts i require see the pink writings. I've included the answers for you to go faster. The paper was June 2011 P41
1.JPG

Reaction score
It is the force on pulley,i.e there is a force acting on the fixed pulley due to the tension in the string passing around the pulley....here, there is a downward force of 2T acting on the fixed pulley.due to the string and the attached loads.....T=4.55.....MAGNITUDE OF THE RESULTANT FORCE=2*4.55=9.1...HOPE IT HELPS....

Reaction score
Hi everyone, here are my doubts. I know the image appears scary, just i compiled all the doubts in one thing; only a few parts i require see the pink writings. I've included the answers for you to go faster. The paper was June 2011 P41
View attachment 16662
Jun11 p41 no4

Attachments

• Jun11 p41 no4(1).jpg
    Jun11 p41 no4(1).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
  • Jun11 p41 no4(2).jpg
    Jun11 p41 no4(2).jpg
    963.8 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
View attachment 16662
Jun11 p41 no5(ii),(iii)

Attachments

• Jun11 p41 no5(ii),(iii).jpg
    Jun11 p41 no5(ii),(iii).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
Reaction score
Jun11 p41 no7(iii)
Clear this for me please. I always get confused with this:
When B slacked, does the final velocity of B equal to the initial velocity of A? and why is 's' zero here?
thanks loads buddy, for everything. u're a boss! ;)

Reaction score
Clear this for me please. I always get confused with this:
When B slacked, does the final velocity of B equal to the initial velocity of A? and why is 's' zero here?
thanks loads buddy, for everything. u're a boss! ;)
Consider particle B,
It's initial velocity was zero,u=0,
time to reach the ground=1.6
acceleration=2.5 <------- not free fall
final velocity when reaching ground= ???
v = u +at
v =4

When it is slacked, no tension in string anymore(it becomes a simple projectile motion)
Particle B should be going with same speed at any moment when still connected to A

umm.... s=0 because I wanted to calculate the time when displacement=0 . that is when particle returns to 'initial' position(see my small diagram)

"u're a boss! ;) ," you are exagerrating a little :X3: LOL

Reaction score
AhShun
Consider particle B,
It's initial velocity was zero,u=0,
time to reach the ground=1.6
acceleration=2.5 <------- not free fall
final velocity when reaching ground= ???
v = u +at
v =4 Ok fine.

When it is slacked, no tension in string anymore(it becomes a simple projectile motion) === okay so A will be going against gravity, -10ms-2, right?
Particle B should be going with same speed at any moment when still connected to A ==== so you mean to say that the initial velocity when B slacked (u) will be 4ms-1, right?

umm.... s=0 because I wanted to calculate the time when displacement=0 . that is when particle returns to 'initial' position(see my small diagram) ==== ok got it.

"u're a boss! ;) ," you are exagerrating a little :X3: LOL ===humm no, I mean it, you always solve my doubts and give me clear explanations. :p

Reaction score
Yes,you understand rapidly
if you take downward direction as positive, then acceleration can be positive,however the speed of A would be negative then

"so you mean to say that the initial velocity when B slacked (u) will be 4ms-1, right? " the final velocity of B would be the initial velocity of A

:X3: