• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mechanics M1: Post your doubt here

Reaction score
hello,
Does anyone have any information video on how to go about working the questions with the energy....
like the potential energy or kinetic energy to find distance or velocity?? something that can help me understand this topic more??
thanks
PS in the syllabus the topic is energy, work and power

Reaction score
Reaction score
Nov06 no.5 please .
A body will have greatest speed when its kinetic energy is highest and kinetic energy will be highest when P.E is lowest. So use mgh = 0.5mv^2. And put the lowest possible value of h i.e 2.45m. For the ii.) part use K.E = P.E lost but use h = 2.45 - 1.2 while calculating P.E because it is the actual height of N from L. Again for iii.) use the K.E that you calculated in ii.) to find out least value of v using the equation k.E = 0.5mv^2. Now I guess you ended up with all correct values.

Please hit the "Like" button if you think I helped you. ;)

Reaction score
did nt rlly understand abt the triangles
do you see the big right angled triangle in the diagram? I just calculated the lower angle of this triangle.
tanθ=2/1.5 . Therefore for, cosθ=1.5/2.5 and sinθ=2/2.5 <===== this is where you obtain "1.5/2 or etc "

Then calculate component of forces at B,it becomes very easy then

Reaction score
do you see the big right angled triangle in the diagram? I just calculated the lower angle of this triangle.
tanθ=2/1.5 . Therefore for, cosθ=1.5/2.5 and sinθ=2/2.5 <===== this is where you obtain "1.5/2 or etc "

Then calculate component of forces at B,it becomes very easy then

Hello ! Can you please help me with that ? :(
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/...S Level/Mathematics (9709)/9709_w10_qp_42.pdf

No. 5(ii) please