• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mechanical or Mechatronics?

Reaction score
I'm having a lil' trouble in choosing between mechanical or mechatronics? I've always wanted to study mechanical engineering ever since i decided that i want to be an engineer. But the problem is after Bs, i want to do Ms with Robotics and artificial intelligence as my major. People say that mechanical has a lot of field work so it's not for girls bla bla so should i go for mechatronics instead?
What is the scope of mechatronics in Pakistan? And not considering my interest for a second, does robotics and artificial intelligence major have any scope in Pakistan?

Reaction score
Mechanical is mother field where as mechatronics is sub field.. After BE(Mech) u can do ME in all sub disciples including mechatronics,, but BE with mechatronics will specify u.

Moreover,, In Pakistan frankly mechatronics has no such scope currently, maybe we would see in next few years..
Where as Mechanical is evergreen field
:)

Reaction score
Heyy! I would say if ure sure that u want to do only robotics and artificial intelligence,and nothing else but that,mechatronics is the best thing for you! In mechanical there might be some things u wont need for artificial intelligence...mechatronics is concentrated completely on robotics,so that should be ur best choice...but if ure not sure u want to do robotics,i guess u should do mechanical...
Goodluck anyway! :)