• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

May/June Mathematics!!!!

PQ1

Reaction score
like this ?

I don't think that's right. Although, I'm no expert on this. Can anyone else give advice on this? I don't know where the 1/40 came from ---> (1/20)^2 is 1/400. Also, you put your answer in cm squared, when you were working in m squared. This is how I worked it out:
img391.jpg
Can someone say if what I said here is correct? Thanks

PQ1

Reaction score
any tips to solve this type of question ?

answer is 14.5cm sq
I'm guessing in the question it said they are similar shapes. I would turn the second shape around to match the first shape, so that you can see which side/angle really corresponds with the first shape. Then set up a proportion of the same sides, and because you want to find the area, we square the ratio. There's a great video about this topic here:

Reaction score
hey guys i need papers of mathematics o level d syllabus like before 2000...
IS THERE SOMEONE WHO CUD HELP ME ? PLZ!

Reaction score
Ok first i would like to admit i am totally messed up in Mathematics.. And I could use some help from any of you guyz out there. Anything that will help me grasp the whole of maths within 2 months is all i need.

what a stupid idiotic metaphor