• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

May June 2014 Islamiat, Pakistan Studies and Second Language Urdu

Are you nervous about these exams?

• Total voters
Reaction score
I am taking these three subjects and am giving the exams I will post the questions here whenever I get the chance (except urdu P2 and Geo P2). This is only for the help of candidates of the 2014 ON section and further.

Last edited:
Reaction score
6 May 2014. Islamiat P1.

1 Same question as before. Surahs(112, 108, 6.75-79)

2 a The Sunnah is often used with the quran in Islamic legal thinking. Describe how they are used together.
b "The Quran is not as relevant to Muslims now as it was over 1400 years ago". Give two reasons to agree or disagree with this statement.

3 a Describe the prophet's migration from Makkah to Madinah.
b Explain the significance of the fact that establishing a mosque was the first task undertaken by the prophet.

4 a Describe the battles of Khyber and Muatah.
b In one of these battles, explain why it was necessary for the people of Madinah to fight.

5 a Describe the life of the prophet Mohammad's first wife Khadijah.
b Using two examples of their relationship, explain how it can influence Muslim marriages today.

Reaction score
7 May 2014. Urdu P1.

1 Student Uniform

2 Speech (Don't remember topic as I did not even read it) OR Report (You are the secretary of a sports club in your school. Write about the activities and plans that it will carry out)

3 Translation (about "swimming")

Reaction score
8 May 2014. Pakistan Studies P1.

1 a How did Haji Shariat Ullah influence the spread of Islam in the subcontinent?
b Why did the East India Company become involved in the subcontinent?
c The 'Doctrine of Lapse' of 1852 was the most important cause of War of Independence 1857-58. Do you agree or disagree? Explain your answer.

2 a Describe the outcome of 1937 elections.
b Why was the partition of Bengal reversed in 1911?
c 'The Morley Minto Reforms of 1909 were the most important attempt to find a solution for the future of the subcontinent.' Do you agree or disagree? Explain your answer.

3 a What was the Cabinet Mission?
b Why were there three round table conferences between 1930 and 1932?
c The failure of the migration to Afghanistan (hijra) was the main reason for the failure of Khilafat movement. Do you agree or disagree? explain your answer.

4 a What was the cooperative societies scandal?
b Do not remember this one.
c Were Ayub's constitutional reforms the most important of his domestic policies? Explain your answer.

5 a Describe the Kargil conflict.
b Why was Zulfikar Ali Bhutto executed?
c Political concerns were more important than economic ones in the creation of Bangladesh. Do you agree or disagree? Explain your answer.

Reaction score
8 May 2014. Pakistan Studies P1.

1 a How did Haji Shariat Ullah influence the spread of Islam in the subcontinent?
b Why did the East India Company become involved in the subcontinent?
c The 'Doctrine of Lapse' of 1852 was the most important cause of War of Independence 1857-58. Do you agree or disagree? Explain your answer.

2 a Describe the outcome of 1937 elections.
b Why was the partition of Bengal reversed in 1911?
c 'The Morley Minto Reforms of 1909 were the most important attempt to find a solution for the future of the subcontinent.' Do you agree or disagree? Explain your answer.

3 a What was the Cabinet Mission?
b Why were there three round table conferences between 1930 and 1932?
c The failure of the migration to Afghanistan (hijra) was the main reason for the failure of Khilafat movement. Do you agree or disagree? explain your answer.

4 a What was the cooperative societies scandal?
b Do not remember this one.
c Were Ayub's constitutional reforms the most important of his domestic policies? Explain your answer.

5 a Describe the Kargil conflict.
b Why was Zulfikar Ali Bhutto executed?
c Political concerns were more important than economic ones in the creation of Bangladesh. Do you agree or disagree? Explain your answer.
Wish I knew these before the exams :'(

Reaction score
7 May 2014. Urdu P1.

1 Student Uniform

2 Speech (Don't remember topic as I did not even read it) OR Report (You are the secretary of a sports club in your school. Write about the activities and plans that it will carry out)

Speech topic was:
Write a speech for your school assembly on 'the duties of students' (talba kay faraiz).

Reaction score
s
7 May 2014. Urdu P1.

1 Student Uniform

speech topic was "Responsibilities of a student"

Reaction score
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE anyone tell me how do i revise my GEOGRAPHY! (pst paper2)
The paper is on 15th and i cant seem to have good numbers in pastpaer practice (i used to score 70/75) in school :(
HELP NEEDED HERE!

Reaction score
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE anyone tell me how do i revise my GEOGRAPHY! (pst paper2)
The paper is on 15th and i cant seem to have good numbers in pastpaer practice (i used to score 70/75) in school :(
HELP NEEDED HERE!
That's a good score and you could try reading the textbook and looking at mark schemes for help in answering questions. And you should first try to study islamiat if youre taking it. Paper's on 13th.

Reaction score
I was wondering if I get B in islamiat paper 1 and A or A* in paper 2,what will be my overall grade?

Reaction score
That's a good score and you could try reading the textbook and looking at mark schemes for help in answering questions. And you should first try to study islamiat if youre taking it. Paper's on 13th.

Thanks for the idea. I'm giving Islamiat too (thats totally RATTA) but GEO is conceptual and IDK why is my brain going down?
reading the textbook takes a LOOONG time, any shortcut?

waiting for reply :)

Reaction score
Thanks for the idea. I'm giving Islamiat too (thats totally RATTA) but GEO is conceptual and IDK why is my brain going down?

it's not time to read textbook but just to revise the facts! if you have read the textbook at least two times before, there is no need to read again, perhaps you could just revise it and solve past papers.

Reaction score

Look at the notes which were available here,they have compiled all the important stuff.
Plus learn those centres where there are steel mill or cotton industries etc etc are located also uses of various minerals,climates in various areas,different climates how they are occured blah blah.Go through the pastpapers and specially do the maps given in pastpapers.

Reaction score

A long time? I read the history in 12 hours (with long breaks). Reading the book in 48 hours should be very easy for me at least.

Reaction score
A long time? I read the history in 12 hours (with long breaks). Reading the book in 48 hours should be very easy for me at least.
LOL! history is way too easy compared to GEO. U just read a heading and then u know whats in it. i revised my history 2 1/2 sections in 6 hours ONLY!

Reaction score
Look at the notes which were available here,they have compiled all the important stuff.
Plus learn those centres where there are steel mill or cotton industries etc etc are located also uses of various minerals,climates in various areas,different climates how they are occured blah blah.Go through the pastpapers and specially do the maps given in pastpapers.
Can u please give me the link. :) I've downloaded several and i can share them too if u want but what if we get complete IMP points of the whole Sethi book? does anyone have them??