• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

May/June 2011 Physics Paper 6 Revision

Reaction score
Hey guys...
the exam is in 39 hrs !! I do agree that paper 6 is the easiest among the 3 but i dont know why im still not that confident. can any one please give me some advice, hints, tips, clues, in preparing for the paper. I wud be really thankful. :D

Reaction score
I attached a doc file which will help you alot, by the way Im not the one who originally posted it, credit goes to the guy who first uploaded and posted it on the forums, I forogt his username .

Reaction score
Cozmo35d said:
I attached a doc file which will help you alot, by the way Im not the one who originally posted it, credit goes to the guy who first uploaded and posted it on the forums, I forogt his username .

We need physics , not biology :D

Reaction score
DowntownCrew said:
Cozmo35d said:

We need physics , not biology :D
oh Im really sorry, I was just careless and forgot to read the physics part of the title of the thread, okay Ill try to get you some notes.

Reaction score
Me 2, I don't know what should I study and what to do in the meantme, and m always finding difficulties in past paper 6, and no else has.
I feel so lonely now :(

Reaction score
Dont panic guys
Paper 6 is one of the easiest
Just memorise the variables.. precautions.. & units
Other then that .. use a sharp pencil when drawing graphs cause you may lose marks for the thickness of the lines
Be so accurate in measuring angles..
Thats all :D
Cheer guys

Reaction score
KareemXPF said:
Dont panic guys
Paper 6 is one of the easiest
Just memorise the variables.. precautions.. & units
Other then that .. use a sharp pencil when drawing graphs cause you may lose marks for the thickness of the lines
Be so accurate in measuring angles..
Thats all :D
Cheer guys

Exactly , panic can cause you a big headache :D
Btw Kareem did you solve 2010 paper 6 variant 1 , question 1 the lengths of springs ... I measured A 27mm and B 28 , but Mark Scheme says it is 29 and 31 mm.Did I measure something wrong or it can be my rule mistake ?

PS. thanks for posting notes from this link , I find them useful.
http://www.s-cool.co.uk/gcse/physics

Reaction score
Well bro.. i just asked my teacher today about it... :D
He said that this because the papers we solve are photocopied.. but the original question papers are the exact values.. just dont worry :D
I had the same sitiuation
i got 11.6 cm but in the MS its 11.9 :D

Reaction score
oh yea guys talking bout his problem , r u sure ?
but arent they suppose to make range of answers , like 1 decimal place would different frm person to person !
in all other subjects there r ranges ??

Reaction score
As i said
The problem is because photocopying
But the original papers will be different
Just ignore that point
Good luck

Reaction score
KareemXPF said:
As i said
The problem is because photocopying
But the original papers will be different
Just ignore that point
Good luck

I don't think so , becuz my friend was taking this paper last year and he measured the same lengths .. I really hope this doesn't come tomorrow :D
But there is something interesting - if you measure from this bar to l (length) , you will get the same values as written in Mark Scheme ... is there a possibility that there is a trick ??