• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths

Reaction score
Hi, Please help me with rearranging formulae, I just can not understand how to do it
Would really appreciate it if you can provide me with something that is really helpful
Thanks.

Reaction score
Hi, Please help me with rearranging formulae, I just can not understand how to do it
Would really appreciate it if you can provide me with something that is really helpful
Thanks.
You have to carry out different operations like addition, subtraction, taking squares etc to make a variable subject of formula.
EXAMPLE:
(3x/2y^2)+25 = t

Make y the subj of formula

Firstly, you have to get rid of that 25 by subtracting it from both sides.
(3x/2y^2) = t - 25

Now you are going to take a reciprocal to take 2y^2 to the top

(2y^2/3x) = 1/(t - 25)

Now multiply 3x on both sides to get only 2y^2

2y^2 = 3x/(t -25)

Now kick that 2 on the other side by diving both sides by 2

y^2 = 3x/2 (t-25)

Take a square root on both sides

y = sqrt ( 3x/2(t - 25))

That's how you make a subject. Like I said previously, do whatever you can to get rid of all those things that you have with the variable you want to make your subject. And once you get it, it's really fun.Hope it helps :)

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for your time, I just did 15 questions from my text, I think im getting better than I was
really appreciate it.