• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

maths syllabus D

Reaction score
pls i have a huge problem in transformations, i dont know how to identify the transformation matrcies and what they mean. PLS i need help as im writing my cie o levels soon.

Reaction score
pls i have a huge problem in transformations, i dont know how to identify the transformation matrcies and what they mean. PLS i need help as im writing my cie o levels soon.
I dont know how to explain but i use identity matrix to find the transformation matrice. E.g plot 1,0 on the grid and see where will this point shifts if theres a reflection in y axis. The place where it shifts is the coordinate of my first column. Then plot 0,1 and see where it shifts. That is the other column of a matrice....

Maths is difficult to teach verbally / in this way...

Reaction score
Ye ah u
I dont know how to explain but i use identity matrix to find the transformation matrice. E.g plot 1,0 on the grid and see where will this point shifts if theres a reflection in y axis. The place where it shifts is the coordinate of my first column. Then plot 0,1 and see where it shifts. That is the other column of a matrice....

Maths is difficult to teach verbally / in this way...
Yeah you're right, If only there were a site u could refer me to. Or snap some pictures for me. Sorry for disturbing but I really need it. I just don't get that lesson