• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths paper 4 discusssion

Reaction score
haochen said:
the answer for HCF is 12
and LCM i think 2

pyramid i calculate the hexagon by the triangle * 6
then the triangle of the side * somthing forgot :)

and add them up

hope it is correct :)

HI Hoachen are you still a fan of naruto....

ME(A Guy In T.I.S)

Reaction score
ohh hi,
yeah im a fan of naruto !!!
why'd u ask ???
what is ur name ??

Reaction score
haochen said:
the answer for HCF is 12
and LCM i think 2

and add them up

LCM is 240. It stands for Lowest/Least Common Multiple....not Least Common Factor. If it was Least Common Factor, then 2 would be correct.

To find LCM, you find all its prime factors, multiply them and write their product as the answer.

So LCM of 60 and 48 gave common prime factors as:
2 | 60 48
2 | 30 24
3 | 15 12
- 5 4

So you get:
2 x 2 x x 3 x 5 x 4 = 240
-----------------------------------

For the Hexagonal Pyramid, it had radius of 2.5 cm think. In a regular hexagon, all angles are equal and radius are the lines that touch the corners to for a triangle. So all radii will be equal, and therefore, for 6 equilateral triangles. Since the angles are equal from the centre f the hexagon (360/6 = 60),
The area of one small triangle can be found by 1/2 * 2.5 * 2.5 * Sin 60
Since there are 6 triangles in the hexagon, you multiply the result received above by 6 to get the area of the hexagon.

Then we had 6 isosceles triangles. You could have found the height, and found its area using 1/2 * base * height, and then multiply that by 6 times as there were 6 such triangles.

Add the 2 areas to get the total surface area.

Reaction score
Least common multiple

Rashu712 said:
haochen said:
the answer for HCF is 12
and LCM i think 2

and add them up

LCM is 240. It stands for Lowest/Least Common Multiple....not Least Common Factor. If it was Least Common Factor, then 2 would be correct.

To find LCM, you find all its prime factors, multiply them and write their product as the answer.

So LCM of 60 and 48 gave common prime factors as:
2 | 60 48
2 | 30 24
3 | 15 12
- 5 4

So you get:
2 x 2 x x 3 x 5 x 4 = 240
Correct !!! :good:

Reaction score
Report this postReply with quoteRe: Maths paper 4 discusssio

Rash u r write you just need to understand their meanings

Reaction score
Lol funny.

The HCF was 12 and LCM is 240, Don't forget your speaking about multiplies and lowest is 240 for 42.

Reaction score
jhoseftarek said:
haochen said:
ohh hi,
yeah im a fan of naruto !!!
why'd u ask ???
what is ur name ??

I even know your full name!! :twisted: :twisted:
and your nationality

His fullname is Uzumaki Haochen. nationality Chinese!! :friends:

Reaction score
WayneRooney10 said:
1bilalm said:
wat do i get if i scroe 45 for paper 2 and 80 for p4

you will be very lucky will you get an A. Is possible, but is improbable.
man i dont think so dat A or B is possible on that grade
i just think of C
wat do u think

Reaction score
You sure the strecth factor was 4 and not 3? And also the last question (sequences) i got 2 and -3. Neone know what was the answer for the second last question. the one where you had to give the nth term. the sequence - 1, 2, 4, 8, 16...?

Reaction score
dancingmaster said:
You sure the strecth factor was 4 and not 3? And also the last question (sequences) i got 2 and -3. Neone know what was the answer for the second last question. the one where you had to give the nth term. the sequence - 1, 2, 4, 8, 16...?

I believe the second last question was 2^(n-1)

Reaction score
gurglesburpsmultimillionairesandelephants

molluscs said:
dancingmaster said:

I believe the second last question was 2^(n-1)
You believe right then :crazy:

Reaction score
I just wanted to know, if u get marks for working out.. but ur final answer is wrong?

Reaction score
Yep

starr542 said:
I just wanted to know, if u get marks for working out.. but ur final answer is wrong?
Yes, you do get marks for correct working even if your final answer turns out to be wrong :D

Reaction score
Dude. You know that what sequence question. Where they asked what term will you get 168. I got the answer 12 which is right. But with trial and error. Will i lose marks ?

Reaction score
I dunno

Gunner1995 said:
Dude. You know that what sequence question. Where they asked what term will you get 168. I got the answer 12 which is right. But with trial and error. Will i lose marks ?
I'm not really sure about that one. It depends on the mark scheme they set. Sometimes they award marks only for the final answer and sometimes even with wrong working (a www mark) !!!