• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths paper 32

Reaction score
Since everyone's talking about paper 4,lets create a thread for paper 3. How did you guys find it??lets share answers...personally thought it was average

Reaction score
last page and first page were quite easy..everything else in the middle...agh.
the second last page..the one with the wheel..that question was tricky.
even the exchange rate question was weird.

Reaction score
the exchange rate one i think u just divide..the loci one was messed up :(..hoow did urz look like?did it look like an X by any chance?

Reaction score
I personally think it was amazingg, easier than other past papers atleast. I didnt have time to finish 3 questions (finding angle of the prism using trignometry, finding the poles needed for bicycle wheel and the nth term rule) which were all together 9 marks.. other than that Im sure of all the other answers. and the locus was goood, the outcome was a trapezium not X (that's why they asked, whats the mathematical term - which was trapezium), did you do that?

Hope the threshold isnt high >.< ...

Reaction score
noooo i wrote kite..wat were u supposed to do for the perpendicular bisector....the nth term was ok i guess i hope i got the right answer....wat did u get for grad..was it minus 0.5 or something like that??...also wat were u supposed to do for the maximum thing...the one about the upper bound question...also wat did u get for the bearing..

Reaction score
noooo i wrote kite..wat were u supposed to do for the perpendicular bisector....the nth term was ok i guess i hope i got the right answer....wat did u get for grad..was it minus 0.5 or something like that??...also wat were u supposed to do for the maximum thing...the one about the upper bound question...also wat did u get for the bearing..

Perpendicular bisector was the lines between A and B to make both equidistant (for example look at the picture). and what grad? remind me of the question, sorry >.< and for the upper bound, just add 5.. (for example upper bound of 45 is 50 and lower bound is 40.) and bearing, B from A was 037 and the distance in km was 50 km(i dont remember exactly:p) since 1cm=10km.. so 5x10=50km

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 10
Reaction score
yea the upper bound question is ok,im talking about the maximum question one??....and for gradient im talking about the qn after the graph we were supposed to draw??

Reaction score
yea the upper bound question is ok,im talking about the maximum question one??....and for gradient im talking about the qn after the graph we were supposed to draw??

i dont remember the maximum question >.< ! and the gradient was 2
equation= y=2x+3

Reaction score
will i get a mark for getting the y-intercept right?..also it went to the left,that means it must be a negative something

Reaction score
It was y=-2x+3
The upper bound I did it 45.5, because If i made it 50 it would be to the nearest 10 kilograms i think
The shape in the locus indeed was a trapezium, and we had to shad the circle inside E and leave the part that was in a, it looked like a circle with a bite taken out of it.
But that wheel spokes question, i think I screwed that up real bad..

Reaction score
will i get a mark for getting the y-intercept right?..also it went to the left,that means it must be a negative something

Yeah I think you're right. but if one of us is wrong, we wont get a mark for the y-intercept cause the question is 1 mark anyways >.<

Reaction score
Y
It was y=-2x+3
The upper bound I did it 45.5, because If i made it 50 it would be to the nearest 10 kilograms i think
The shape in the locus indeed was a trapezium, and we had to shad the circle inside E and leave the part that was in a, it looked like a circle with a bite taken out of it.

Yeaah I did exact thing for the locus part but the upper bound, i wrote 50 and i wrote 2x+3 >.< ahhhh negative. annoying:)

Reaction score
It was y=-2x+3
for the upper bound question,they said to the nearest(put a figure,wat i did was i divided that figure by 2,then added that answer to for example if it said calculate 3554 upper bound to the nearest 50,i didvided 50 by 2 and added it to 3554...just an example but yea thats how i did that question,for the wheel spokes one i was also lost..also when u want t get diameter do u divide or multiply??