• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths IGCSE May/June 2012 Papers 22 and 42 marked

Reaction score
th
will i get a mark, if in paper 4 instead of saying, that triangles are congruent, i said, that they are equal in size?
thats what im hoping for too because i said they were identical. but i think i lost around 7 marks so i should still be in the A* section

Reaction score
in paper 4 question 11c i actually applied the sine rule first than the cosine rule. though i still got the same answer so not a problem. though i find the sine rule more easier than the cosine rule.

Reaction score
th
thats what im hoping for too because i said they were identical. but i think i lost around 7 marks so i should still be in the A* section
note that they dont always go with the total score. they decrease the grade theshold. and again dont get too over exited. you never know how much the checkers will deduct because they go though the mark scheme and only answers dont count. you need the step by step instructions. so dont think that you only lost 7 marks. thats over confidence.

Reaction score
Ya..... Yash your right dude.... So many people are over confident on this site... And when they end up with Bs or Cs they wonder why...

Reaction score
Ya..... Yash your right dude.... So many people are over confident on this site... And when they end up with Bs or Cs they wonder why...

seriously there are so many people saying they will get A's. id like to tell them to check the grade threshold of past papers and see where the threshold stands because is it mostly never at 130 or 70 for paper 4 and paper 2 respectively. what id recommend is at least deduct 15-20 marks from what you think your score will be. that way you will know that you'll get marks at least above that point. too much over confidence is never good. one of my cousins said he would get 81% on his mocks for math's and he got 59% when he got the results. you never know what silly mistakes you made which will cause you to lose big marks.

edit: im not saying they wont get A's but im saying that the marks they are saying they attained wont be what they are expecting.

Reaction score
I think in the trigonometry question the letter 'o' has two lines of symmetry as it is not a perfect circle

Reaction score
is 90%+ A*?? also, do u think that the minimum mark for the A* will be similar to oct/nov 2011 varient 2? (which was 188/200)|? if not how do u think it will differ?? please reply i would appreciate it :D

Reaction score
Could someone explain how the lines OB and CD are parallel in Q7 of Paper 4? I checked the lines with a ruler and they were NOT parallel..