• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths??? Economics???

Reaction score
hI GUYS, PLEASE HELP ME OUT HERE, IM REALLY MESS'D
Im an alevels student (roots) and will be applying for a BSc Economics. I'm choosing BSc Economics over BA economics coz i'm planning on entering the financial-service field. The thing is i have'nt taken maths (my subjects are accounting, economics,sociology and english...not G.P). Right now i'm in AS level (first year) and will be appearing this may/june. Do you think taking maths is important for my bsc-economics? I'm applying to unis in Europe and USA. I actually want to take maths, do you think its possible now? i'm planning on taking maths in A2. HELPME OUT PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Reaction score
Yes you need Mathematics to get admission in a well reputed university. Since, Accounting is not seen as a mathematics based subject (Strange I know!) infact it is a blacklisted in few UK universities. Sociology and Economics are essay based subjects. And English Language/or G.P is pretty useless (although required) in terms of credits. In short, it is compulsory to give A level Maths (you can drop Economics but I wont recommend that) for Bsc Economics. Moreover, top-notch universites including UCL and LSE in UK go as far as demanding an A* in AL maths for Bsc Economics.