• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths CIE 2013 oct/november Paper 21 help?!

Reaction score
small planes scale was 1200cm^3 and the big plane was i think 14400m^3 correct me if i am wrong

Reaction score
I asked mechanics teacher about the train question and he said the answer is 3.5 sec

Reaction score
The width of the bridge will only matter if the train passes under it in such a way so it crosses it horizontally but the width won't matter if it passes parallel to it.so the length of the train is 120 divide that by the width of the bridge which is 20 for each 20 m of the train you will get 6.to find the time it takes for each 20 m of the train to pass under the bridge divide 20 by 40 you'll get 0.5,there are 6 parts of 20 m in the train so if you multiply that by 0.5 you'll get 3 seconds

Reaction score
The width of the bridge will only matter if the train passes under it in such a way so it crosses it horizontally but the width won't matter if it passes parallel to it.so the length of the train is 120 divide that by the width of the bridge which is 20 for each 20 m of the train you will get 6.to find the time it takes for each 20 m of the train to pass under the bridge divide 20 by 40 you'll get 0.5,there are 6 parts of 20 m in the train so if you multiply that by 0.5 you'll get 3 seconds
I dont think they this is the answer because they wont bring such complicated question. Right?

Reaction score
I dont think they this is the answer because they wont bring such complicated question. Right?
What complicated about that ? I'm making it seem complicated from the description but it's easy. Oh and I also think they won't make it as easy as 140/40 don't u think?

Reaction score
What complicated about that ? I'm making it seem complicated from the description but it's easy. Oh and I also think they won't make it as easy as 140/40 don't u think?
It was 2 marks cool down.

Reaction score
Also the questio was sking about time of train to pass the bridge so I couldnt think of any way to solve it except by adding 120 and 20 then dividing by 40