• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Mathematics D (Calculator Version) (4024)/4024_s13_qp_11.pdf
isn,t the MS incorrect on q16 abt the length of ribbon on cake(similar question)
Also guys tell me if there is a fraction like 1/5 we can simply write 0.2 but the MS at times show 1/5 as the only answer...Check the matrix question for this reference last question..I dont know wht oe or other symbols mean in MS exactly so if any enumerate the symbols with the expl i will be glad...And also to further complement my pt abv in the acceleration quesstion which is 5/4 they write 1.25 as only answer
FLRNAB asadalam

oe means or equivalent.

And the stupid marking scheme is wrong. Your answer is right!

Reaction score
Bro , the answer in the marking scheme is wrong :)

http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Mathematics D (Calculator Version) (4024)/4024_s13_qp_11.pdf
isn,t the MS incorrect on q16 abt the length of ribbon on cake(similar question)
Also guys tell me if there is a fraction like 1/5 we can simply write 0.2 but the MS at times show 1/5 as the only answer...Check the matrix question for this reference last question..I dont know wht oe or other symbols mean in MS exactly so if any enumerate the symbols with the expl i will be glad...And also to further complement my pt abv in the acceleration quesstion which is 5/4 they write 1.25 as only answer
FLRNAB asadalam[/quote

Reaction score
Such a grudge against the MS...
Anyways how r u getting along with maths?
Can u explain wht some other symbols in MS mean like A B C and any other?

Maths. It's just normal. Planning to start practicing papers from tomorrow, properly. Did only 2 today. .-.
Oe = or equivalent.

A1, M1 are mostly used in physics, chem. Not here.
Here, it's just OE.

Reaction score
Maths. It's just normal. Planning to start practicing papers from tomorrow, properly. Did only 2 today. .-.
Oe = or equivalent.

A1, M1 are mostly used in physics, chem. Not here.
Here, it's just OE.
Aha ...and also check the MS for the abv question paper regarding the matrix question they ask to write B inverse but they left the matrix(in their answer) in incomplete form .Further,ore the answer space shows tht qw have to write final matrix without any scalar multiple beside it..So shud they not mention oe there and also tht they have to be more specific and there has to be a bit more calculation?

Reaction score
Aha ...and also check the MS for the abv question paper regarding the matrix question they ask to write B inverse but they left the matrix(in their answer) in incomplete form .Further,ore the answer space shows tht qw have to write final matrix without any scalar multiple beside it..So shud they not mention oe there and also tht they have to be more specific and there has to be a bit more calculation?

It's okay both ways. I never multiply it into the matrix, always leave the fraction next to it. :)

Reaction score
Such a grudge against the MS...
Anyways how r u getting along with maths?
Can u explain wht some other symbols in MS mean like A B C and any other?
Abbreviations
cao correct answer only
cso correct solution only
dep dependent
ft follow through after error
isw ignore subsequent working
oe or equivalent
SC Special Case
www without wrong working

Reaction score
Salam everyone!
I did not prepare for Mathematics GCSE, And I have an exam day after tomorrow. I do not have any concern for Grades, Please! Tell me what should I practice in these 2 days for Mathematics paper 1 and What to study in rest 2 days gap for paper 2?

Reaction score
Salam everyone!
I did not prepare for Mathematics GCSE, And I have an exam day after tomorrow. I do not have any concern for Grades, Please! Tell me what should I practice in these 2 days for Mathematics paper 1 and What to study in rest 2 days gap for paper 2?
If you dont have any concern for grades then why study? :p
Don't listen to the guy above.
giphy.gif

Do the past papers like this:
I+have+to+pass+the+exam.gif