• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
in which math book is the chapter of symmetry included? i'm talking about D1, D2, D3 or D4?

Reaction score
I tried to solve this question, I did the Part (i) and obtained the correct answer, but I cannot get the answer to Part (ii), my question is that
How is X equal to (A + I)-1 or whatever is in the question, please can anyone explain it :( . What is happening in this part?o_O I am not getting it.

Question:
Ques.png

Answer:

Ans.png

Reaction score
A function f is defined by f (x)= 2x2– 20x + 37 for x>k. Given that the function f–1(x) exists,
(iii) write down the least possible value of k [1]
Please solve.....

Reaction score
I tried to solve this question, I did the Part (i) and obtained the correct answer, but I cannot get the answer to Part (ii), my question is that
How is X equal to (A + I)-1 or whatever is in the question, please can anyone explain it :( . What is happening in this part?o_O I am not getting it.

Question:
View attachment 18935

Answer:

View attachment 18936
can you tell me the paper and its year and its question number!!

Reaction score

Question:
View attachment 18935

Answer:

View attachment 18936
Very tough question! :p
I think i need to ask it from the teacher! :(
Thx for sharing though! ;)

Reaction score

Question:
View attachment 18935

Answer:

View attachment 18936
from the equation AX+X=B, we remove the x outside to get: X(A+I)=B

plz note that in matrix when there is nothing in front of a matrix we assume it has the identity matrixx in front coz if we multiply the identity matrix by the matrix we get the same matrix.(its just like if we have a variable X the number before it is 1 ), the I in the brackets above represents the identity matrix. by the equation i have formed if we make x the SOF, we get X=B/(A+I), but in matrix division doesn't exist, so if we have to make x the SOF, we multiply B by (A+I)-1, and we get the answeras x=(4 and below 2);) plz let me know whether or not u have understood

Reaction score

plz note that in matrix when there is nothing in front of a matrix we assume it has the identity matrixx in front coz if we multiply the identity matrix by the matrix we get the same matrix.(its just like if we have a variable X the number before it is 1 ), the I in the brackets above represents the identity matrix. by the equation i have formed if we make x the SOF, we get X=B/(A+I), but in matrix division doesn't exist, so if we have to make x the SOF, we multiply B by (A+I)-1, and we get the answeras x=(4 and below 2);) plz let me know whether or not u have understood
Thank alot, Yeah I hve understood :D

Reaction score

I got u but i have one question:
If we multiply B By (A+I)-1 , how can we say that X is equal to (A+1)-1?