• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
no dear the answer is 34s the distance is correct but the velocity is supposed to be 7.3m/s (i only now the answer but not how to get it!)
can u please tell me why it is 7.3? because it is written that it travels in a straight line across the river?

Reaction score
ok ok!! i got it, it is 7.3! my sir told me this: while drawing a vector diagram, never draw a right angle. if it is right angle, it will show by calculations. guess i forgot that rule!

Reaction score
ok ok!! i got it, it is 7.3! my sir told me this: while drawing a vector diagram, never draw a right angle. if it is right angle, it will show by calculations. guess i forgot that rule!
hey since you've got it now, explain me the answer!
thnx! :)

Reaction score
Hey can someone please solve this question for me?
A motor boat travels in a straight line across a river which flows at 3ms–1 between straight parallel
banks 200 m apart. The motor boat, which has a top speed of 6ms–1 in still water, travels directly from
a point A on one bank to a point B, 150m downstream of A, on the opposite bank. Assuming that the
motor boat is travelling at top speed, find, to the nearest second, the time it takes to travel from A to B.
isnt this d 2004, paper 2 question 8?? :D

Reaction score
May June 2006
How to answer question 12 Either may June paper 2 add maths...The iv and v part

Reaction score
May June 2006
How to answer question 12 Either may June paper 2 add maths...The iv and v part

See any quadratic graph does not have an inverse as it is a one to many function but this one is to many property comes from its turning point so if u remove the part before or after its turning point u will get a function which has an inverse,try to understand this !

Coming back to the question !
Vi) differentiate the function and get the turning point which is 2 now the question says state the greatest value of N which is stated in the question so the answer will be 2 as we are given that xis less that or equal to N !

v) Now here utilize the part i answer and make x the subject ! :D

Reaction score
See any quadratic graph does not have an inverse as it is a one to many function but this one is to many property comes from its turning point so if u remove the part before or after its turning point u will get a function which has an inverse,try to understand this !

Coming back to the question !
Vi) differentiate the function and get the turning point which is 2 now the question says state the greatest value of N which is stated in the question so the answer will be 2 as we are given that xis less that or equal to N !

v) Now here utilize the part i answer and make x the subject ! :D
Do you know any good site where I can learn this...I know basic functions :D

Reaction score
Do you know any good site where I can learn this...I know basic functions :D

nopes mate i got this knowledge from my sir so i havent really looked for this but search youtube for how to find inverse of quadratic functions :D

Reaction score
You know yourll should be thanking yourselves for good teachers....over here it's completely opposite

well i had an addmaths teacher who used to bring solved solutions in the class and copy them on board for one year, then there was a passout from ned university who used to just pass timefor 6 months, then no teacher for another six months. we had only covered uptil chapter 11 till last year.

But fortunately for us we got an awesome teacher in the last year, he teaches in coachings and has been teaching for 10 years. He covered the topics so fast and so greatly that we got all the concepts, ofcourse he knew how to cover the course.

So yes, you can say lucky! :);):D

Reaction score
Had the most awesome Math p2 today . Everyone pray that i get 98 in p2. Then i'll have an A* in mocks. :D