• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
can anyone solve Q.9b please solve it today i got a exam tom

Attachments

• 4024_w11_qp_12.pdf
    387.1 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
the coordinates of triangle ABC are A(7,4) , B(7,0) , C(5,4). The cordinates of triangle PQR are P(10,4) , Q(10,10) , R(7,4) . describe two succesive transformations by which triangle ABC maps onto triangle PQR ??....

plz help me in ds question!!

Reaction score
the coordinates of triangle ABC are A(7,4) , B(7,0) , C(5,4). The cordinates of triangle PQR are P(10,4) , Q(10,10) , R(7,4) . describe two succesive transformations by which triangle ABC maps onto triangle PQR ??....

would inshallah solve this after 16hours

Reaction score
http://www.xtremepapers.com/CIE/index.php?dir=Cambridge O Levels/4024 - Mathematics/&file=4024_s07_qp_2.pdf hey im stuck in question number 6A i dont understand how to describe the symmetry of the quadrilateral please help.
I think the answer is, it has a rotational symmetry of order 2. You see, as the quadrilateral is a parallelogram, it has a rotational symmetry of order 2, because, in a 360 degrees turn, it will look exactly the same as the original shape, only twice, i.e once in the original shape after the 360 degrees turn, and the other, after 180 degrees turn. Google it up, it's easy to understand.
And now, we write about its centre, about which it is rotated. For rotational symmetry, the shape is rotated about it's centre, which in this case, is (3, 0).
Hope that helped.

Reaction score
can anyone solve Q.9b please solve it today i got a exam tom

360 ÷ 180/p+1

Solve it you will get 2p+2.

First its the reflection in the line y=4 then an enlargement from center (1,4) with scale factor 3/2

Reaction score
360 ÷ 180/p+1

Solve it you will get 2p+2.

First its the reflection in the line y=4 then an enlargement from center (1,4) with scale factor 3/2
Hey. I got most of the question, but just couldn't figure out the center of enlargement. I got the scale factor too. Can you please, like, give a rough description of how you got the sketch. Please :)

Reaction score
Hey. I got most of the question, but just couldn't figure out the center of enlargement. I got the scale factor too. Can you please, like, give a rough description of how you got the sketch. Please :)

please tell me how dd u get ds answer??..:confused:
Transformation.JPG

First the triangle is reflected in the line y=4
Then to find out center of the enlargement draw a line from each corner of the enlarged shape to the same corner of the original shape... Where the line meets is the center of enlargement... To find out the scale factor use the formula Image Length/Original Length... You can use any "same" side length of both the image and original...

Reaction score
View attachment 3978

First the triangle is reflected in the line y=4
Then to find out center of the enlargement draw a line from each corner of the enlarged shape to the same corner of the original shape... Where the line meets is the center of enlargement... To find out the scale factor use the formula Image Length/Original Length... You can use any "same" side length of both the image and original...

Thanks a ton man. Actually, what I was trying to do, was joining the lines of the larger triangle inverted, and its centre of enlargement. 'Cause, I thought it was first enlarged, and then reflected. But it's the opposite case.
Anyway, thanks man ^_^

Reaction score
Matematics help needed:
qp11 Q22b,
qp12 Q25a,
qp21 Q5c(iii)
qp22 Q10b(iii)

Attachments

• 4024_s11_qp_11.pdf
    136.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 4024_s11_qp_12.pdf
    148.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 4024_s11_qp_21.pdf
    154.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 4024_s11_qp_22.pdf
    163.2 KB · Views: 2
Reaction score
qp11 Q22b,

a) for area we will take a rectangle(comprising of squares F,G and H ) + semi circle as the whole !
20*60 + 0.5*pi*30^2
Multiply and add to get answer !
We use 30 as the radius of the semi circle

b) first we find perimeter of the curved side !
pi * 30=30pi

now as we only require the curved length of just B and it is stated that the curved length can be split into 4 portions we divide by 4 to get curved length which is
30pi/4 also the small curved length of portion B is found by permieter again this time using radius 10 and dividing by 4 as well !
So the curved lengths are 30pi/4 + 10pi/4 = 10pi
but as we want whole portions perimeter we also take the sides of 20 each which makes the perimeter 40+10pi !

Look at the figure very closely to get it its pretty easy !

Reaction score
How to find the nth term for this sequence

In these types of questions we have to use our brains nothing else cud be done.... So in this I have discovered the formula for nth term : n^3 + (n+2)
(n^3 means n cube!)