• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Find the smallest value of K if
a) 280k is perfect square
b) 882k is cube

A= 70 (Undestood)
B= 84 (Howcome)?

You have to convert 882 into its factors and compile them into the form of cubes. And then see what to multiply in order to make all of them cubes, or to the power of 3.

Reaction score
Yeah. xD
I don't get the concept of doing ALL the papers. :p
If someone has good concepts in maths, then doing the tough questions should be enough to perfect the concepts.
And the latest papers, for familiarity with the pattern.
If the tough questions cannot be done by someone, then they should start from the basic questions.

Okay, i'll try those years. :)

You dont have to do all the queations in those old papers. What i do is just browse through the paper and just do the tough looking ones( i found the circle theorem questions a bit hard)

Reaction score
You have to convert 882 into its factors and compile them into the form of cubes. And then see what to multiply in order to make all of them cubes, or to the power of 3.

Asad.Babur Dark Destination
I did the sum like this in an algebraical way. Dont kmow if its the proper method though........
First, using the factors find the LCM of 882 which is 2*3*7=42
Now, theoretically cube root of 882k = 42
Therefore 882k = 42*42*42
882k = 74088
k = 74088/882
k = 84
Hope this is understandable:D